OT -- need good thoughts

Options
Hi everyone!

My girl-friend got some difficult news today about her unborn child. Doctor told her today that her baby has a 1-5 chance of being born with down syndrome.

Either way she will have this child and love he or she regardless. I just need good thoughts and prayers sent her way to give her strength to get through the next few days. She has an information session tomorrow and then she will decide whether or not to have the amnio.

Also, her DH is in South Africa and can't be here right now. She is at my home now, resting.

Thanks everyone!
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My girl-friend got some difficult news today about her unborn child. Doctor told her today that her baby has a 1-5 chance of being born with down syndrome.

Either way she will have this child and love he or she regardless. I just need good thoughts and prayers sent her way to give her strength to get through the next few days. She has an information session tomorrow and then she will decide whether or not to have the amnio.

Also, her DH is in South Africa and can't be here right now. She is at my home now, resting.

Thanks everyone!
    Mireille
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for your friend and her unborn baby :flowerforyou:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    oh sweetie, prayers being sent your way for sure!!! Keep believing that baby is perfect!! Doctors are wrong so many times. There is a bigger DOCTOR with a BETTER prognosis, believe in HIM. :flowerforyou: HUGS!!
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    No matter what, the baby will be perfect! Although it might be tough in the beginning, she'll still have her own little bundle of joy!! My little cousin was born with Downs Syndrome and I love her more than anything, she is a true angel and a complete delight :heart: We recently had a family reunion and she took centre-stage :laugh: Her parents wouldn't change her for anything. I wish your girlfriend all the luck in the world :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:

My prayers go out to them and the baby. What horrible news they have to bear. I hope more than anything that the docs were wrong. That poor mama.

Thanks for sharing with us Mir.:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    hug.gif You got it, Mir! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My prayers are definitely for your friend and the baby! No matter what happens, I wish nothing but peace and happiness on them! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Sending good vibes yours and her way!
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    She will be in my prayers tonight. I commend her on her decision to continue with her pregancy. That can be very difficult but I believe that she will be blessed no matter the outcome. :smile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wishing her only the best...whatever that may be. We have friends who's 5th child was born with Down's and though there are challenges he's a joy and a sweetheart. So, whatever happens she will do fine with friends like you to support her.

Send her lots of hugs from us.....
    Ez
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    (((Hugs)) and good thoughts for your friend :flowerforyou: