Plus sizes at Thorpe Park

Options
Hi! I'm planning to go to thorpe park on Tuesday and I'm absolutely petrified about not fitting into the seats, I have low self confidence already and bad anxiety and I think it would shatter any confidence I have left if that happened.

I vary in clothes size (uk sizes) but range from a 18 to 22 I'm 6 foot though so carry my weight well but was wondering if anyone of a bigger size has been to thorpe park and how they got on? Would be a big help to here from people in a similar situation! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jherobinson
    jherobinson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't think you'll have any problems! My sister in law was a size 24/26 at the time we went I think, and she didn't have a problem with any of the rides. I struggled, but I was a fair bit bigger than that still.

The majority of the rides have a test seat to try out before you make the decision to actually go on or not. In general, the seat sizes vary from ride to ride, but a couple of the more popular rides like Nemesis have a row of bigger seats.

It's an awesome place, so hope you enjoy!

Take a rain coat for Loggers Leap and Tidal Wave ;)
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There are test seats and from what I can remember the seat limit is around 50" chest I used to work there and at a size 18-22 you shouldn't have any problems
  • ik58judy58
    Options
    drink tea orcoffee made of gernoderma visit www.judyike.organogold.com for enquires
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I went on Friday Evening and all was fine (6ft / 213lbs). As others have said, there are tester seats for most rides before you join the queues. For Nemesis Inferno, Rows 4 and 5 have modified seats for larger people but I was fine in the normal rows.

Check out "The Swarm" !!!!