Weight Gain?!

Options
This is day 15 of my body transformation. I weighed in and had only lost 1 pound from last week! What am I doing wrong? I'm on the P90X program and eat about 1300 calories a day. Feel free to take a look at my food/exercise diary. I know muscle weighs more than fat but I'm feeling pretty discouraged. I'm trying to incorporate the 40-30-30 method of eating (40 percent at breakfast - 30 at lunch and 30 at dinner. For me it works out like this:
Recovery Drink: 110 calories
Breakfast: 280 calories
Snack 1: 130 calories
Lunch: 325 calories
Snack 2: 130 calories
Dinner: 325 calories

Replies

• StephieAmber
    Options
    My first thought is you're not eating enough to keep up with a program like P90X...that shiz is intense. I eat 1300 calories on days when I don't exercise....more on days when I do. And if I was doing something like P90X, I'd probably be eating closer to 1800-2000 calories.

JM2C
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I agree you aren't eating enough. Eat your exercise calories and see if it helps :)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    A 1 pound loss is actually great! Be proud of that accomplishment! Weight loss is a slow process.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I agree that a 1 pound a week weight loss is actually good - they say slow and steady is the best in terms of keeping it off in the long run. P90X is hardcore so like the others I say that you need to eat more of your exercise calories.
  • mcakes
    mcakes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did p90x near beginning of my weight loss, and I experienced the same frustrations... but DO NOT worry, if you can keep up with the program you will see amazing results around weeks 5-6. Your body is changing and getting much stronger, and the food balance is hard to find sometimes. Make sure you are not starving your body. You will do great!! good luck. :D
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I agree you aren't eating enough. Eat your exercise calories and see if it helps :)

The calorie breakdown is what I usually eat on the non cardio (weights) days. On the cardio days (pylometrics, yoga, kenpo) I eat my exercise calories.

I got to my size/weight by eating too much and I don't want that to happen again or for it to prevent me from loosing weight and getting healthy. How many calories should I be eating?
  • alyssa83202
    Options

I am eating my exercise calories but I should be eating more? I got to my size/weight by eating too much. How many calories should I be eating?
    You should be eating at least 1,200 calories PLUS at least most of the calories that you burn! If you burn 500 calories a day working out, try to eat back most of those 500 calories (on top of the 1200).
  • xinzya
    xinzya Posts: 15
    Options
    If I am understanding this correctly- you are eating about 1300 a day and that includes your exercise calories????? P90X is hardcore and I have a dear friend of mine who is very much all about it- every day....she states that you have to eat more than 1300 calories a day on your exercise days... try that...and don't give up- even if you are stable in your weight- you are still doing something really healthy and good for you...
  • amkaproblemka
    Options
    There is probably a combination of things. If you're sore, you'll also be experiencing inflammation, which leads to water weight. As you improve, this should lessen. And of course, the muscle weight. Have you tried also tracking your waist, hip, and thigh measurements?
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    If I am understanding this correctly- you are eating about 1300 a day and that includes your exercise calories????? P90X is hardcore and I have a dear friend of mine who is very much all about it- every day....she states that you have to eat more than 1300 calories a day on your exercise days... try that...and don't give up- even if you are stable in your weight- you are still doing something really healthy and good for you...

No, no, no. The 1300 is what I regularly eat. That would be super unhealthy! On the cardio days I eat my calories, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000.

I read that you should weigh yourself on a rest day because of the buildup of water in your muscles. It should be the day after. I don't have a "rest" day but, I do XStretch. I see it as my reward day, since it's my favorite of all the workouts!