Love Handles

Options
How can i get rid of them! i've got rid of my moobs, just about! they don't bounce when i go over bumps anymore, but still got a way to go. But the love handles just won't shift. Trying to get out all the junk food and eat healthy and within 1600 calories and work out 5 mornings a week and 2 evenings a week (rugby) but i can't seem to shift them!

Anyone got any tips or advice? cheers

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hard to say..... What is "work out" 5 mornings a week?

1600 calories net or gross (either way that sounds low....just sayn' which isn't going to help composition).
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Well you know or I hope you know you can't spot reduce fat. You just have to have patience and eat at a SLIGHT caloric deficit. Please don't cut your calories so much trying to make it happen faster. You will set yourself up for failure. The fat will come off where it comes off. Training your core will only strengthen it, which is good. Your deficit (which will come from training your entire body and diet) will be what causes the fat lose. Good luck.
  • jackr88
    jackr88 Posts: 13
    Options
    Where you store fat is largely genetic. Some people can have a chiseled 6 pack and still have love handles (me included).
    So... you just need to continually lower bodyfat until they go.
    If you get down low enough, they'll go.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Patience as everyone else said. Keep working out.. eventually they will shrink as well.
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had them and they only disappeared or almost disappeared at a BMI of 19. It was the last place where my body held onto excess fat.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    ..... but still got a way to go.
    You said it. Rule of thumb is that your body holds onto fat longest in the place you want to lose it the most!

1600 sounds dreadfully low unless you are a really tiny rugby player.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Get clothes that fit you probably, the fitting of your pants can make a huge difference
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    ..... but still got a way to go.
    You said it. Rule of thumb is that your body holds onto fat longest in the place you want to lose it the most!

1600 sounds dreadfully low unless you are a really tiny rugby player.

Or a weak side wing.

Seriously, 1600 cal on a solid training regime is going to leave you near net zero cal on those days, even if you're running short 7's practices.