challenge to lose 3lbs this week

Options
im down 27lbs ..i want to lose 3 more by next monday.. who wants in on the challenge to lose 3lbs? if i can see that 3lbs down next monday ill be sooooooooooooo happy

Replies

• fatbegone85
    Options
    I'm fairly new at this but....I think aiming to lose 1 or 2---which two being the maximum if you're really heavy---would be a better goal. In order to lose 3 pounds, you'd have to have a 10500 weekly caloric deficit. That's alot of not eating or alot of over exercising. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be the Debbie Downer.
  • macfaydengirl
    macfaydengirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for the challenge. Just what I need. I'm in!
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in also!
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I also hate to be a debbie downer, but 3 lbs in one week is a little much. I once lost 4 lbs in one week, but it was because I had an intensely depressive episode and I was hardly eating. And I gained most of that weight back the following week. Like fatbegone85 said, the calorie deficit required to lose that much weight that quickly is quite high. 1-2 lbs would be a much more reasonable goal.

That said, congrats on your progress!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    im down 27lbs ..i want to lose 3 more by next monday.. who wants in on the challenge to lose 3lbs? if i can see that 3lbs down next monday ill be sooooooooooooo happy
    I would suggest setting a more reasonable goal. yes it's possible but is it advisable? Well that's questionable. Weightloss isn't linear and some weeks you lose more than others setting yourself a high goal for one week really doesn't encourage people to think long term. Consistency is the key not short term targets. This is how people get into bad habits trying to hit a high short term goal.

Congratulations on your loss so far and good luck
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it may vary from person to person. I lost 5 lbs in one week and I didn't go hungry and was exercising a normal amount. I just changed habits and what I am eating.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I think it may vary from person to person. I lost 5 lbs in one week and I didn't go hungry and was exercising a normal amount. I just changed habits and what I am eating.

And that's totally normal when you first change eating habits and enter a deficit. However, the OP is already down 27 lbs, and trying to get 3 more would only happen at an unhealthy level.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    While it can happen - I'm currently down 2.7 pounds since my weigh-in on Wednesday - it's not very likely. The only reason I've lost that much is because I had gone out of town and came home with almost a pound of water weight added on. Three pounds of fat loss with what you have to lose? That's not going to happen. Focus on your currently set goals and have patience.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I would but last week was a unhealthy week so I am using this week to repair whatever damage I did.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    This isn't healthy or safe. Even if you succeed, if you continue like this you will gain it all back. You're not learning good, lifelong habits.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ive lost as much as 8 lbs in a week but not cuz i wasnt eating..i eat a good six times a day .. hell last night i finished up my day with a grilled ham and cheddar cheese and still went down two lbs this morning. i do workout a lot though ..3 lbs is not unreasonable at all ... but to each his own ..we all have to find what works for us