Advocare

Options
Hi everyone.. Anyone tried Advocare?? Does the challenge work? Do you have to eat clean? Well I know we do but wondering if thats why their's a weight loss...
THX

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I took several of the supplements a few years ago. I never really lost any weight. and I had HORRIBLE headaches. I changed formulas because that's what was suggested and it didn't work either. I like their "Spark" product, but have found other stuff better with no aftertaste and better ingredients.

The person that was selling it to me I saw recently, and she is very very large, larger than she was before advocare. I don't know what the Challenge is - but IMO - any diet with a challenge will work short term if you stick to it.

I'm more of the "clean healthy eating and calorie counting - adding in exercise - make it a lifestyle not a diet and avoid having to take a product to help.

The best thing I ever did for my health, fitness, and weight loss was having my hormones tested by saliva and once those were in balance - everything worked better, plus it was natural not "formulas".
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ummmm yes!! Love it. I am doing the challenge right now. It is recommended that you do eat clean, ecpecially for the cleanse phase.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My experience with Advocare is that you are doing the same thing you should be doing every day- drinking tons of water, eating lean meats, salads and protein plus you add expensive drinks to the mix. I have lost 26# without Advocare. My friend- who has as much to lose as I do, has lost 11# in the same amount of time with Advocare and we are eating the same foods, same amounts.
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes -- I use some of the Advocare supplements and have done the 21-day challenge. The challenge works best if you eat clean. I had a little success with the challenge, but I'm menopausal so I have whole different set of challenges as far as losing weight is concerned. However, my son has lost 50 pounds and Advocare gave him the motivation he needed for that weight loss. He started with the challenge and that really gave him the motivation to keep going. He also has been doing P90X for his fitness/exercise program and tries to eat clean/healthy most of the time. It has worked really well for him and I know he recommends Advocare and the challenge to his friends. Good luck!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My husband is an Advocare rep and he lost 45 pounds on it. Felt great through the whole thing too! He is a true believer and I'm thrilled it worked for him! :) as for me, I never felt it was a good fit. Too many shakes and pills subbing for eating "real" food. The nutrition qualiy seems to be top notch but I'm the kind of person who needs to eat :blushing:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I really like the Spark energy drink, but other than that:

They are great products, for the most part. Stick to the diet, stick to the exercises, and you WILL lose weight.
    However, for what you get, they are extremely expensive, and no more effective than other products on the market.

Save some cash, buy the supplements you need offline and keep up the exercise and clean eating, and you will do just as well.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a rep. I did the challenge good way to jump start a diet plan. I have been doing now MFP at the same time I did the challenge. I have lost 17+ so far and still counting. Although I am done with the challenge I still take some of the supplements. If you need more let me know...
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Avalonis, I agree - the Spark is great stuff! I heart the grape :happy:
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Avalonis, I agree - the Spark is great stuff! I heart the grape :happy:

You know it! Love the Spark and the grape flavor is fabulous!
  • tjcook1030
    tjcook1030 Posts: 13
    Options
    What supplements are you still taking? I am in the middle of the 24 day challenge. Was doing well, but cheated today and I don't feel good when I cheat so back to it tomorrow. What should I be taking after the challenge?
  • dustinthomas14
    Options
    I was skeptical of advocare when I first heard about. My wife initailly tried the 24 day challenge and lost 16 pounds in 24 days. She has kept this weight off. I have lost 18 pounds. If you want to know more of our story. check out my blog. http://advocarehealthylives.blogspot.com/
  • Drvortex
    Drvortex Posts: 8
    Options
    I was skeptical of advocare when I first heard about. My wife initailly tried the 24 day challenge and lost 16 pounds in 24 days. She has kept this weight off. I have lost 18 pounds. If you want to know more of our story. check out my blog. http://advocarehealthylives.blogspot.com/

Great story Dustin. I'm a new independent distributor myself and I'm on day 15 of 24. I really don't know how much I've lost so far...I'm waiting til the end to "shock" myself. This program does work and I'm going to be the next successful story myself. My friend told me about it in Dec and he has lost 40 since last July. I'm excited and motivated.
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just so y'all know, Advocare is a pyramid scheme. People get paid as they sell the products. My nutritionist says the products are OK but you can find higher quality and less expensive options at GNC, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, etc. If someone is talking up Advocare to you, take it with a grain of salt and know that they are ultimately going to make money from you buying into it.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just so y'all know, Advocare is a pyramid scheme. People get paid as they sell the products. My nutritionist says the products are OK but you can find higher quality and less expensive options at GNC, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, etc. If someone is talking up Advocare to you, take it with a grain of salt and know that they are ultimately going to make money from you buying into it.

This^

Except for GNC, they're really expensive too.

Advocare, Visalus, Beachbody, etc. are garbage. I'm sorry if you are a rep. You might lose some weight (which is AWESOME!) but you are over paying for 5/10 quality products. Find a local nutrition store and ask someone who is a certified nutritionist what they recommend based on you, your body, your workouts, your intensity in workouts, length of workouts, and fitness/health goals. Any rep or distributor is making money off of you. So of course they are going to say that it is "GREAT STUFF" "Top notch quality" "Best thing on earth" etc etc etc.

Bottom line: Advocare, Visalus, Beachbody, etc. are pyramid schemes. The manufacturer makes your protein for $2, who then sells it to Advocare for $4, who then sells it to a regional distributor for $8, who then sells it to your local distributor for $16, who then sells it to you (the consumer) for $32. (dollars are an estimate/example, I don't know how much the stuff costs, I know the structure and how it works.)
    So you're paying for a $2 low quality product for $32.

Your local nutrition store (EXCEPT GNC) gets a high quality $10 product and then sells it to you for $15. Buy local and support a small business owner.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love killing threads.
  • emyloohootoo
    emyloohootoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    where did you get your saliva tested??!! i have never heard of this, but I am interested.
  • emyloohootoo
    emyloohootoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can you give some examples of the higher quality products you'd recommend over a product like advocare?
  • ceceboo13
    ceceboo13 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love my advocare products I am currently waiting to do the 10 day cleanae