Friends That Lift

Options
Looking for people who have lifted, are lifting or are planning to start. I used to be strictly cardio. Which do not get me wrong cardio is great for you health wise, but I want to add muscle tone and definition. Lifting is new to me and so any one with any experience, advice or anything would be greatly appreciated!

I used MFP to loose about 80lbs total and so I want to use it now to help me reach my new goals, but have fallen into a rut and need help getting back on track!

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym and be a noob. I recommend of course working towards free weights, but I started and still use a great deal of the machines- pretty self explanatory on what they work out as soon as you use one :P

Then ask for help and make friends at your gym.

check out YouTube.
  • spatty_harris
    spatty_harris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out starting strength http://startingstrength.com/
  • Phormerphatboi
    Options
    Hi! Good for you for adding this to your routine. My best advice is to get a trainer from the gym you're going to be using (I am taking a leap that you're using a local gym) and make sure they help you with proper form. Low weight and higher reps until you get things sorted out. Good luck and keep us posted!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Bumping for any helpful information.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm a noob. I go three times a week. it's awesome .
  • Phormerphatboi
    Options
    This is looking interesting. Thanks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting last fall. Now I do a version of Stronglifts 5x5, auxiliaries, and cardio. I recommend having someone show you around the gym/weight-room and demonstrate proper lifting technique. After that, its up to you! I like having a buddy on lifting days, so that we can spot each other and stay safe.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm a noob. I go three times a week. it's awesome .

:smokin:

everyone started somewhere!

and all it does is get better. :bigsmile:
  • SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been doing nrol recently, although I got offtrack the last few weeks, I am back into the routine tonight. I'd be happy to support and encourage you if you are serious about lifting. :-) read my profile and feel free to add B-)