Early 20s with 113lbs to loose

Options
Hello I'm new here!
I'm 23 and live in England.
I have 113lbs to loose.
I have all the motivation in the world untill I'm presented with a packet of biscuits or a pice of cake!
I need a kick up the butt!
I am going to be maid of honour at my best friends wedding, 1st October 2016
I would like to reach my goal in that time or at least be very close!
I do have an under active thyroid, which I am not taking any medication for but I am on supplements.
I also wish to change my lifetime habit of being a couch potatoe, and make exercise a regular part of my life!

Please anyone of a similar age, weight or mindset add me and let's take this journey together!

I will be an active member of the community

Good luck to all! XoXo

Replies

• kayleigh2706
    Options
    Hi

I'm 22 in England too.
    I have about 42lb to loose.
    I am the same it gets to about 3pm and i'm dying for a chocolate bar or a biscuit (or half a pack) with a cup of tea.
    My own wedding is February 2016 and would love to be around 126lb.

I would love to support you and vice versa (i.e have a chat rather than eat a choco bar :) )

Good Luck!!

K x
  • RozzeleS
    RozzeleS Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    23 UK. Similar goal in time to be maid of honour for my sister next August, I'm 2 years into changing my life, I've had my ups and downs stops and starts, but it is the best thing I have ever done, happy to help, support, I am on here everyday :)
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

25, 77lbs to lose - want to get there by May 2014 (holiday to Cuba); it's going to be tough, but looking for lots of motivation and support :).

I'll add you.
  • rhianna717
    Options
    Hello

Im 20! i have another 42lbs to lose.. im happy to motivate if you would like to motivate me too?

im a chocoholic! a sugar lover and i love love love CARBS! - seriously its an addiction i cant help...

If you dont mind the fact i will probably talk about bread alot when i want it then im here :)
  • Penderfynol08
    Penderfynol08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 years old (...or I will be in a month haha) and I've got about 90lbs to lose. I'm doing Slimming World but counting calories too because I can't control my portions at all. I'd have 300g of pasta everytime if I could! I'm a super chocolate fan too and it's hard to resist eating all the fun sized packets at the same time!!

Happy to be here for a chat and to support each other :D
  • bweber91
    bweber91 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello!
    Im 23 and I have around 115 pounds to loose. I would love to get there by the end of next summer or close to there. I would love to help motivate.
    I love carbs. That is my problem. My husband is currently not on a diet so it makes it hard when he wants to go eat at a fast food restaurant. I also am a couch potato but I am starting 30 day shred by jillian michaels tomorrow when I get it.
  • punkchic9590
    punkchic9590 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm 23 as well with about 100lbs to lose as well. I'm a sucker for the cakes and carbs. They are just so yummy. But I have to start to think about food as an energy source instead of a boredom fix. I think it's finally time to bunker down and stick to this for the long run. I'd start for a few weeks then fall off the wagon and then have to start all over again. it's been never ending for me.

Time to stick with it. I'll be on here so anyone feel free to add me. There's no such thing as too much support!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Being here is a start! I have lost 106 in the last 2 years with hard work and dedication. My wife has lost 80! I'd love to encourage you. Feel free to add me!
  • SnarkyMam0610
    SnarkyMam0610 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 27 from the US. I have 125lbs to loose and would love to help motivate any of you. :smile:
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23 and I have 100+ lbs to lose too. We can do this together. :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I want to let you know that you CAN do this and the best way to get started is to get moving, go outside, get away from the food and just say NO!

Meg
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Heya. I'm also 23, about 100 or so pounds to lose (I think, will re-evaluate when I get closer). Anyone can give me an add, I don't bite. Much.
  • davidp2711
    davidp2711 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    best thing i purchased was an exercise bike for the home do about 15k every other day normally
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and I live in Canada.I have 30 lbs to loose:wink: I cant wait to fit into my skinny jeans again
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am going to be the Matron of honor at my friends wedding in September 2015. We are wearing Lehengas, which is similar to a Saree. Basically, parts of my tummy may show! I started doing Stronglift 5x5, mostly because I just wanted to start lifting, but an exposed stomach is extra motivation for me, especially as I have a lot to lose!
  • kapetanfluffy
    Options
    Hey everyone :) I'm 22 (almost 23) and trying to lose about 30 lbs - it's not so much about the number, as it is about getting fit and healthier. 2-3 years back I've lost about 30-40 lbs in kind of a short period (6-8 months) but it was just by eating very little and not exercising at all and in a period of about 2 years it almost all got back. Trying to make it right this time :)