Looking for running friends :)

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Rachael and I'm based in the UK. Although I've been here for a while and have a few good MFP buddies I'm looking for people who are active or keen runners. I'm fairly new to this activity and doing quite well but sometimes have questions to ask and would love a few extra friends I could turn to if I have any running related questions, issues or problems.

I don't care where your based and thank you in advance

Rachael :glasses:

Replies

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello Rachael, I am a running enthusiast (as my name might suggest :bigsmile: ). I live in the states, never been to UK, unless you count Heathrow airport. Feel fee to add me and ask me any questions related to running, food, or whatever. Cheers! :drinker:
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    You can add me Rachael! LOL!!
  • jroe3127
    jroe3127 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I run about 25 miles or so a week and am always willing to talk about running. I think you'll find most runners LOVE to talk about running. Feel free to add me.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are several running groups on MFP - if you go to the groups section and query for running you should find some. Also, there is currently a 'running challenge' thread where runners are setting a monthly running goal for themselves and trying to meet it. That could be a great place to find runners too. :)

Welcome to MFP, and have fun running. :flowerforyou:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I've been running since April. Feel free to add me.
  • fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I'm a runner and would be more than happy to answer questions, so you can add me if you'd like!

Cheryl
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm a keen runner, based in Ireland. I'm not an expert and could possibly be Ireland's slowest runner but feel free to add me as a friend. If I can't help I might be able to point you in the right direction.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love running!!! You can add me if you like too...
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi! Running is my main form of cardio! I do everything from sprint workouts to long distance (I've completed a few full marathons, back in the day!).

I'm currently training for a half marathon.

I believe running can be every bit mental as physical, and few things make me feel like I've truly gotten a workout like running! I am not a fast runner, nor did I do track in high school. Just someone who picked up the sport out of curiosity years ago and found it works for me. Now that I'm trying to get back into shape, I'm using running as a means of dropping some weight.

I'll send you a friend request. ;)