Sushi Calories???

Options
I am totally in love with sushi and everything about it. I know that rolls are high in calories because of all the rice, so I usually opt for hand rolls with no rice (or i just pick most of it out if the place won't do the no rice for me).. The main problem I'm having is trying to find nutritional information about sushi. Does anyone know of a website that provides a detailed list of information? most of the things I'm finding only have a few items.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    In for wanting info!
    I'm thinking it's dependent on the place you buy it from.
    www.exercise4weightloss.com has a few under the restaurant list under the Weight Watchers tab that lists the calories for some places like Ra Sushi (just ignore the points part).
  • Melissface
    Melissface Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went into the MFP food database and did some searching.. there is actually a lot of information (not sure why I didn't look there first!).. So I'm going to use that for now.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I typically just search the MFP database for the roll I want, and then pick on with calories a bit higher than the average. If it says 110 calories for an entire roll, that's wrong LOL. Sushi for me is an occasional event (once a month or so), so I'm okay if I underestimate a bit. You might want to try to stay away from the fried/tempura stuff, and the spicy sauces add a lot of calories. I like to pick plainer rolls, like rainbow rolls.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It can get tricky, especially if you get a roll with high calorie ingredients like avocado, cream cheese, and tempura. I usually get my sushi fresh from Kroger. There's an entry in the database for it by weight (ounces). I just had it yesterday. If I go out to eat sushi, I think that 40 calories per piece is accurate enough. Remember, these are all estimates. Even if you do have the occasional roll, it shouldn't affect your weight too much (other than water weight).