Borderline TMI - stress incontinence

Options
kecmw25
kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
Hi everyone, 1st time poster. I have some mild stress incontinence from age and childbirth. I have been doing kegels for the last 1-2 months and have had some improvement. Any suggestions to speed up the process? Any alternatives to jumping jacks I can try until things have improved? I know about modified jumping jacks but I guess I'd like something with the same intensity just not the same high impact. TIA

Replies

• all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How about mountain climbers instead of jumping jacks?
  • oniwolf382
    oniwolf382 Posts: 39
    Options
    You could give burpee's a try. They're a bit more intensive than jumping jacks. Take a look around on how to do them.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Awesome suggestions. Thanks!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Why jumping jacks? Just wondering because all they really do is get your heart rate up and there are a ton of other things that do that. If it's part of a circuit or something, you could just jog in place, do kicks, punches, or even side lunges?
  • michellebtheoret
    michellebtheoret Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem. It eventually gets better as you get stronger just wear a pad lol
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    If kegels aren't working, and your family is complete...ask your doctor about a bladder neck suspension. It's an outpatient surgery, you can't lift anything heavy for a month or so, but it did the trick for me. Otherwise I couldn't run, jump, sneeze, etc,,,,
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    This happens when I jump rope. I just don't jump rope.
  • Missjen87
    Missjen87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I have the same problem with jumping jacks and just wear a pad. Some people "tap it out" instead of doing jumping jacks, but I want the increased heart rate so I just "deal with it".
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I appreciate it!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    What about scissors (that's what my instructor calls them at least)? It's lower impact and instead of moving your legs out and in, you move them forward and back. You put one foot forward and one foot back, then jump and switch.

I forgot to mention that you can do them as wide or narrow as you'd like. Obviously the narrower you go, the less impact there will be.