New Mom!

Options
kailynrd
kailynrd Posts: 7 Member
Hey everyone! I am 26 and recently cleared by my doctor to start exercising again after giving birth to my first child on 6/1/14.

Prior to the pregnancy I lost about 40lbs and was down to 150. My father passed away when I was 11 weeks pregnant and I lost another 10lbs and then gained very quickly, up to 203 at delivery. I am down to 188, but would love to get down to 140 so I can be healthy and active for my daughter!

I would love to have some supportive friends to help with that journey, especially those who have been through the struggle of weight loss after pregnancy -- this includes guys, too, because I know my husband gained the weight right along with me!

Thanks!!

Replies

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby girl! I don't have kids but I do have a nephew and a niece on the way and I think diaper blowouts are hilarious, so feel free to add me :P
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My daughter is just a year older than your little one, she was born 6/2/13. I lost the baby weight and more by logging daily, eating at a deficit and lifting heavy. Now I'm focusing on losing body fat while lifting to lose a bit more of this baby pooch! Feel free to add me!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Had my baby girl on 4/11/14. Always looking for other moms to motivate me and for me to motivate.

I was lucky to lose all the weight right after birth (17 lbs) but I got flabby due to being high risk (no exercise except walking). I am trying to get my muscle mass back. The numbers on the scale don't matter as much as the reflection in the mirror (in my opinion).
  • howletta
    howletta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had my twins a little over a year ago. I'm almost at my goal weight, but plan on sticking around for maintenance once I get there. Feel free to add me!
  • dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i was the same boat as you are i was almost 200 pounds when i decided to make a change and got down to 150 well i was wanting to get to 140 but for some reason got stuck at 150 turns out i was pregnant with the 2nd daughter and since having her in December i am at 170 and so i am right there with you on the journey
  • kailynrd
    kailynrd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Adding all of y'all! :)
  • svanzile
    svanzile Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My daughter was born May 15th, feel free to add me!
  • AMahfouz67
    AMahfouz67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My story is similar. I lost 40 lbs before pregnancy, gained 50 lbs and now am struggling to lose any weight. (though my little chubby baby is so worth it ) Good luck and feel free to add me!