Just getting started, 12 pounds down!

Options
Hey all! I've been watching my intake since January 1st, but just found the forums. I've lost 12 pounds so far :smile: My goal weight is 165 and am 5'8" I have never weighed below 186 in my adult life so this is truly a challenge.

I am low thyroid and am wondering if anyone else has struggled with this.

~Tracy

Replies

• eylbrown
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you.

You've lost a lot very quickly so don't be surprised if you plateau soon or even gain a few pounds back though. I lost 18 lbs the first 3 weeks and then gained 8 back the week after - you tend to loose a lot of water the first little bit until your body gets used to what you're doing.. stick it through and if this happens to you, it's ok - it's normal and part of the process - keep it up and the results will come again!

Good luck!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you.

You've lost a lot very quickly so don't be surprised if you plateau soon or even gain a few pounds back though. I lost 18 lbs the first 3 weeks and then gained 8 back the week after - you tend to loose a lot of water the first little bit until your body gets used to what you're doing.. stick it through and if this happens to you, it's ok - it's normal and part of the process - keep it up and the results will come again!

Good luck!

So true!! I'm in my second weight and I'm going through that.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to the site! It's a great place :D