Do You See Yourself? (Male Version)

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
A common theme I've noticed on MFP, and especially among those who've lost weight, is an inability to view themselves as they really are. This includes myself. They see 'big thighs' or 'fat butt' or 'scrawny legs'. I'm not about to delve into the inner workings of the human mind and self perception (Just not enough hours in the day.) so instead I'm gonna conduct a little experiment/poll.

http://sharimages.com/images/2014/04/07/Male-Body-Type-Chart-Ottermode-Builtfat-Bearmode-Saxm5P.jpg

This is compilation of 21 different women. The 'game' is simple. Post a picture of yourself. Tell us which body you think you are closest to now and which one you'd like to be. That's it.

Rules

1 "None of these men look exactly like me!": Oh yeah? No kidding? Men who aren't you don't look like you? indifferent

2. "But I have blah and the man closest to me has mehherpyay" K. Is he still the one closest to you? Then what the problem is? Wrinkles and dimples and cellulite don't invalidate the entire choice. Did I mentioned these aren't pictures of you? And so none of them will look exactly like YOU? I did? Okay then.

3. "I don't like the labels." Ignore them and/or don't play. They're for ease of use not to hinge your entire self worth upon, nor the worth of the men featured.

4. "I'm a woman." Bro. Do you even lift?

5. "I saw posterXYZ picked body KGISFUJ and I disagree. Can I say something?" Sure. In fact I'm counting of people being able to add the objective opinions that we lack about ourselves. If you aren't comfortable commenting on others don't do it. Don't feel like you have to comment on everyone. If no one comments on you don't get butthurt, just assume your sense of self is on point and keep it rolling. Don't get mad if someone disagrees with what you think you look like. Don't be an *kitten* on either side.

6. "I saw poster XYZ picked body HJGG as they're goal and I disagree. Can I say something?" No one curr if you don't like body whatever and like bodytype derpyface, so don't go being all 'that's gross/why would you want to/bones are for dogs/that lady is fat/shameshameshame' Take your body issues and inability to let other's live their lives elsewhere, mmkay?

By request. It was harder to find one for dudes but you make due with what's out there

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I'm chubbyfat at the moment, compared to that chart, but since all of my pictures are photoshopped, it's a bit of a challenge to substantiate that assertion.

ETA: Alright I do have a candid shot taken at the beginning of the cut I've started
    35e63a71-4109-4877-9c61-f1865b97a00b_zps1a80e61e.jpg
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was just working on finding an image to do this!

This is the one I was going to go with.

MG4x1nU.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I think, for the sake of things, it would be best to stick to one chart of another. I'm not gonna tell you all which one to pick (I'm not a man, after all) but you know. For ease. ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am right around builtfat or chubbyfat.

This is from last month and I have even a bit more love handles and belly since binging a bit :)

6bcf7be45c2f0219cc3ed1a07683aa9e2a29.jpg

Not bad, but work to do.

As for the naked guy pic, I suppose I would be like a 4? But with more hair and more gray.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I think the closest is Fat as Fatass, but less fat. I have more muscle than Builtfat, but not as much as Bearmode.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Chaelaz - definitely builtfat more than chubbyfat. You have visible musculature under your BF and well developed pectorals.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I can almost already tell what your results will be from some of the comments already :)

Gentlemen, you are harder on yourselves than you think, I think the three of you look way better than you think you do.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    I can almost already tell what your results will be from some of the comments already :)

Gentlemen, you are harder on yourselves than you think, I think the three of you look way better than you think you do.

That's impossible.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'll play. On the nekkid dude pic I'm probably about a 7, I'd like to hit somewhere between 4 and 5. (Lit and fig.)

On the OP's list, I'm probably Fat as Fatass, and would like to go for a mix of two types, so I'mma gonna call it bearottermode
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'd say i'm a 7, I'd like to get to a 2, and perferably to a 5, however not sure if I can get enought tanning in to get that far.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Halfway between chubbyfat and fat as fatass. I don't have any nekkid pics and I'm not taking any, sorry.
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Im a number 4 I think, the slimmer versions look to weedy for me!

Im gonna make my own number :wink:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    "nohairbear" :laugh:

Have you SEEN a shaved bear?!
    shaved-bear.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    That's why you don't look behind the curtain!
  • WildBillR
    WildBillR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 7 (chubbyfat) - profile pic, and now am more of a 6 (skinnyfat). Guess that I need a new picture. Am working toward Ottermode. I don't know if Athletic will be possible at my age/build, but will settle for the Otter just fine.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I dunno...skinnyfat I guess (or #6 above) with hopes of being #5 above...yes, I wish to be a muscular black man
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    I dunno...skinnyfat I guess (or #6 above) with hopes of being #5 above...yes, I wish to be a muscular black man

Spraytan. don't want to risk skin cancer. .
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Builtfat going for Bearmode. I will never get there though, would need substantial steroids to reach that point. But as close as I'm genetically capable of, sure.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    ghDOwoZl.jpg

4 months ago, need to take some more recent shots.

Skinny fat/Built Fat maybe chubby now but the male choices are rather limited, compared to the women's thread.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Skinny fat/Built Fat maybe chubby now but the male choices are rather limited, compared to the women's thread.

Definitely builtfat, your biceps/triceps is as big as your face. And even on the fat side I'd say that's about 5% BF away from the beginnings of truly ripped.