Breast Loss

Options
This is a sensitive issue but I am curious if a 30 lbs. weight loss will make your breasts smaller. Is it a significant loss...so much that you have to buy new bras?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It can for some women. It doesn't happen for everyone though.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    no its not, you can still wear ur old bras :) ...at least not for me, yes i did go a size down but i am also still wearing my old ones....
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    It really depends on how much actual breast tissue your breast have. Some women go up or down depending on their weight loss/weight gain and others don't change at all.

For me, I haven't changed at all (even when I was pregnant).
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses differently so all i can say is, Maybe. When I lose weight I do notice (or rather my husband notices) that the ladies do get smaller. For 30 lbs you may be able to cinch your bra up tight and make it work. Or you may need to buy some cheap transition bras while you lose weight and then spend money for good ones when you are done.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I went down from 40DD to 38D after the first 30 lbs, I've since lost another 16 and haven't had to go smaller. It does depend on the woman. I workout with weights as well as cardio and concentrate on working out the chest too. I want to keep everything perky. :)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    As the others said, depends on your body type. I lose weight from my boobs last, so if I lose 20 lbs my boobs will be fine, but if I lose 25 lbs, the last 5 lbs will be entirely from my boobs! But some women lose there first.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 90 lbs, and have only changed one cup size (and of course the band size). I think it is possible to lose 30 lbs and end up with the same breast size.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I gained a cup size when I gained weight. So inevitably when I lost weight so did that extra cup size :( Depressing really since I was small to begin with lol. So I had to get new bras (because my original ones were also really old) but I found some on sale that provided some extra oomph and now they look like they used to :)
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    I went down one cup size since I started my journey. So from 191 to 148ish.. I went down one, from D to C. Bought two new bras.. VS was having their semi annual sale! SCORE!

When I was at 130 (which is my goal weight.. I was still a C.. don't think I will lose much more)
  • vdub88
    vdub88 Posts: 79
    Options
    my band i have to tighten and my cup i think I lost a half of a size and I have lost 28 pounds. my mom is the one who pointed out that I lost weight in my boobs! thanks mom. now I notice the cups gather in the front - not pretty for some shirts
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost 30 pounds they deflated like old balloons. :sad: So I figure it will happen for me again. But I've also had 2 kids and have skin that doesn't bounce back very well. Everyone is different.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    depends on your genetics, your body disposition.

I'm pear shaped and boobs and waist/belly are first to go even though i don't need to lose many inches from there haha. I know when I was 120 before, I was smaller breasted with more booty. It's just my body type. Yet I know someone who is more top heavy and they didn't lose any weight off her breasts after losing 70 pounds before a reduction.
  • efahey
    efahey Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i find i fluctuate A LOT in breast size... its the first place i gain... and the first place i lose :( so, yes i would expect you to go down in size if you lose 30 lbs. however, my friends all think im strange and they have not experienced this same phenomenon lol.

xo erin
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Like everyone has said...I guess it changes from person to person.
    Me - Oh yeah, I lose it there. My bra is getting looser, and not the strap - the cups. Hubby is particularly saddened by this and wants to know if it can be stopped. lol. I told him by the time I'm done losing weight I'll have probably gone from my DD/E cup, to a deflated B cup. He started crying.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I am crossing my fingers and hoping this will happen! I don't care if they aren't as perky as before, I'm sick of lugging these things around!!!
  • 8JamieLeigh8
    Options
    It is one of the first few things to go for me. When I am my ideal weight I wear a B. When I am overweight like now I wear a D so it changes for me alot!