If you've lost 20 pounds or more

Options
How long did it take? How often did you exercise? What was your daily calorie intake range? Thanks a lot! I'm stuck at a loss of 12 so I'm interested in how others have gone further!

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I've lost about 76 in abbout 6 months. I usually work out 5-6 days a week and eat 1200-1400 calories/day. I think a big help for me is getting in plenty of water and watching my sodium.

You're doing great - keep it up, you'll get there!
  • katsmeow77
    Options
    I have lost 21lbs since the end of October. I do not exercise, I only try to stay close to my recommended calorie intake. Mine is 1200 and I am usually slightly under or slightly over. I am completely honest when logging calories and I did not weigh myself often until recently and I think that is making me crazy. lol I plan to start exercising soon, but I am waiting until I see the doctor (I have bad knees). Of course, that is no excuse for not doing the exercises that I can. I am quite busy and am happy with the results I've seen without exercising, so once I lose all the weight I wanted (which is 10 more lbs) then I will start focusing on toning. Hope you get un-stuck and are able to reach your goals. Keep in mind when you read these posts from others that nobody is the same. You should not compare yourself to others. Set your goal and concentrate on you. If you don't, it may cause you more worry than necessary. Good Luck!!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had lost about 37 in 9 months, but I quit logging in September, then add the Holidays and tack 10 lbs back on :( But I have lost 27 total and will get back to that number soon. I did it by also sticking to about 1300 -1600 calories (1600 was on a heavy exercise day). Drinking lots of water (Like 9-12 cups/day) Watching sodium intake, exercising for at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. I also cut out soda almost completely ( I would have one on a rare occasion, but I didn't like wasting my calories on drinks). And most importantly having patience - mine came off slowly but steadily - I had one month where the scale only moved a half a pound the entire month, but I lost tons of inches. Just don't give up. Give it time it will work. You will figure out what is rights for you and then you will see the results. 12 lbs is an awesome start!!!
  • Vonna67
    Options
    My progress doesn't show here I started really doing what I needed to do on October 12 2010 and I have lost 52 lbs. I walk all the time on the track at work on the treadmill I watch what I eat I don't really count calories so this site was a bonous when I found it. Now I know I really don't eat enough and that is why I have kind of slowed down on weight loss but I love the exercise now and I go to the gym sometimes twice a day and do the treadmill and the ellipitical and the cross trainer and every once in awhile I do the stationary bike.

It is a life change I don't call it a diet and I just have fun I have more energy and my 3 year old and my 11 year old are happy that I am doing something my Husband is alos a very fit person he is a personall trainer at the Y..so people always wonder how did you get heavy..lol it happens and can happen to almost anyone if they are not careful.

Treat yourself good enjoy your life and don't stress over it stress will stale mate you in a heart beat.
    Good luck to you, VW
  • williamsbk
    Options
    27lb in 75 days. Little to no exercise. Eating under my calorie rating usually 100 to 300 for 12 to 13 days and then go over on day 14 by 200 to 300 so my metabolism doesn't crash. Little to no grain, 15 to 20g of protein per meal, three meals a day. No caloric drinks, only unsweetened tea and diet soda, but I've dropped diet soda and went to black coffee with cinnamon. Weighed every day.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds in three months over the summer. I tracked everything I ate (which was a TON of salads, fruits, veggies, whole grains, soy, etc.) never exceeding 1,200 calories, worked out with a Jillian Michael's DVD 5-6 times and week and also ran about 5 days a week.
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    I'm 40 lbs down since September 1/10. I eat 1500 - 1800 calories/day, and haven't exercised at all (though I should have), but I'm on Atkins, so the weight takes care of itself. Good luck! :)
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21 pounds in 57 days. I ate 1200 calories a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I walked 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. I also drink tons of water! Good luck on your journey & don't get discouraged. When your weight loss seems to stall, your body is changing & you will see the changes. The weight loss will catch up.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    I have only been on for four days now, I am still a *noob*

I exercise seven days a week.

They have me on the 1200 daily calorie intake.

I have lost 6 lbs so far...Hang in there girl! You can do this!! :D
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I lost 65 pounds in 18 weeks. Since that time I have slowed down and worked on adding lean mass while losing fat - which is difficult and slow. The last 10 pounds I have lost has taken a little over 3 months - from body scans during this time I have added several pounds of lean mass and lost a little over 15 pounds of fat. I alternate strength training and running every other day. On running days I go 2 miles and strength workouts last about an hour.

I also try to eat as healthy as i can - the better and more consistent you are with sticking to good foods the easier the weight comes off.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 pound since the end of last Aug. My base is set to 1200, I exercise daily and I do eat those exercise calories, but I do not exceed 1700. I am eating healthier foods and portions. That along wih the exercise have made it very easy for me to stay healthy.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in 10 months here. I didn't get started on MFP until about 4-5 months ago though, and that kick started the last 30 lbs. Keeping track of calories on here, staying within my recommended calorie range on here and then exercising 4-5 times a week most of the time. Also, drinking plenty of water! Going above and beyond the recommended 64 ounces each day. Aside from that, portion control, healthy balance of calories eating and allow for the occasional "reward day" (i hate calling it cheat days!)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds total over the last three years by making subtle life style changes. I cut down on my eating, and began to exercise more. I've lost 20 pounds since joining MFP on Sept. 1st of 2010, counting calories(old fashioned, but effective..I KNOW!) and training to run a half marathon. I've also been an avid cyclist since spring of 2009, and do spin classes over the winter(non-riding months). I've stopped drinking soft drinks completely, even bourbon is on the rocks now. Watch your calories religiously, and get to work on the exercise, and you will attain your goals. Stay disciplined!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Almost 50 pounds in 8 months. I didn't/don't do a lot of formal exercise. I am active with my toddler most days and others lazy with her. It just depends. I mostly only exercise if I plan on going over on calories. I stay under calories (started at 1800 went to1540) most days. I try to stay under 100-200 on weekdays that way I can splurge on some weekends. I try to fit in veggies and fruit, but mostly I just eat less! Works for me! I also do NOT stress about it! Slowly it will come off! Good Luck!!
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    about 40 pounds (I know the ticker says 37 today, but it goes up and down) lost in 1 year. between 1200 and 1500 cals, try to workout 3x a week, but lucky if I do 1x lately. been stuck here for a while.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and lost 30 lbs in 4 months, then gained 8lbs, lost another 9lbs ... took me back to 30.. then over the holiday's gained 12lbs back ..ugh! ... Now I am headed back down.

When I first started I excerised religiously 6 days a week.. not missing one day. I counted calories and kept around 1400 calories a day.. The first month I lost 20lbs.. then the next 3 months only lost 10.. but I think this was because I was playing around too much with my food intake, switching from Low Calorie, to Low Carb.... etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!