Oklahoma buddies

Options
Anyone from Oklahoma? I just moved here couple months ago from NC. I would like to make friends in the same area as me. Please add me if you like for Motivation and Support :)

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'll be your Oklahoma Buddy! I live in Norman but spend many weekends on the North side of OKC.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Oklahoma City, I would be happy to be an Oklahoma buddy for you. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm also in Oklahoma. I am in Chickasha, which is about halfway between Lawton and OKC. Good to finally meet some others out there! I'm part of a Facebook group that gets together and walks, etc. together sometimes, but they are far north from me. I'd love to find others closer.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to Oklahoma!! I lived in Edmond for 26 years and just recently moved to Northern OKC. Sending a friend request your way!! :)
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in the OKC Metro! Already friends with AsaThor, but happy to add other locals.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am I am from Altus. Good luck.
  • ddunk
    ddunk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am in SW OKC always looking for new friends to help on this journey
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :) I am living at Fort Sill. We just moved from Fort Bragg NC. As you can tell her I am here because my husband is in the military. Its nice to find friends in the same area.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I am I am from Altus. Good luck.

Good luck to anyone in Oklahoma. *ba-dum-tsssss*
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Bathing suit progress:

Before Sept. 2010 Weight 154lbs My height is 4'11.

44f83c0f-7bb8-4956-b35a-247dece85589_zps3cba99e5.jpg

After July 2014 Weigh 123lbs Height 4'11.

07132014_zps4a951331.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Anyone in Tulsa? I'm not in Oklahoma but very near and visit Tulsa often...just curious! ;-)
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me fellow Okies!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My great-grandfather homesteaded out in western OK when my grandfather was only three years old. Talk about guts! I am Okie born and bred--I bleed red dirt.

My dad was un-drafted from WWII because of a heart murmur long before I was born and we've had no military in my immediate family since--until now! One of my three sons is Army and another Air Force--but both are Reservists. I'm really proud, though. I live in east of the metro--in the flight path of Tinker--love those airplanes.

Whew! Just a small portion of my life story there. Said all that to say: Wow, I am so proud of our military and thankful that all you active folks do all you do--I cannot imagine with any degree of reality moving that much. THANK YOU and WELCOME TO OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ShadowFallRising
    ShadowFallRising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mangum here :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the FR. About me, I was born in Colorado but moved to NY when I was 4 years old. My mom is from NYC and my dad is from upstate NY. They have been living there since then. It's funny how they both moved out of NY and found each other in Colorado. Me on the other hand would love to travel and I wanted to get out of the fast paste Long Island. I wanted to check where I was born, so I went to college in Colorado. I met my husband there in school. He was already in the Army but took a little break and started school him self. We had a long distance reationship (sorry can't spell lol) from him moving back full time Army and after I graduated I moved back to parents house because of being broke. Anyway we got married in 2008. My first duty station with him was Fort Riley, KS. We were there for 3 years. After that we got orders to be stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. The first year we were there I got pregnant with my son and I found this wonderful web site to loose the fat I had before I got pregnant and course the baby fat. Now we got orders to come here and here we are and I am not letting my fitness journey get away from me because we moved to a different location. So far I love it here. I heard some wonderful things they have to offer here and I am outdoor person. Yesterday was my second time going to the Letra Lake. I heard good things about the diving in moving theater in Chickasha that I want to check out. The farthest place I have been from Fort Sill was in Norman because we just moved and when we got our travel pay we need stuff. Since they don't have a bestbuy or babys r us in Lawton. I like the quit-ness here.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've never been to the Drive-In, even though it isn't too far from me. I've heard they have a mini-golf course and laser tag stage there now. They hold special events and movies aren't too expensive. I plan to try to check it out once some free money surfaces!
  • mrschrys
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to the State!

I live in the Norman area and I would be happy to be an Oklahoma buddy to you. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • dprundle
    dprundle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me fellow Okies!
  • sappjsjakd
    Options
    I graduated high school in Lawton, but live in OKC now. Feel free to add me
  • sappjsjakd
    Options
    SW OKC here!!! Feel free to add me!!!