Anyone else a food variety junkie?

Options
Hey, I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but I find that adding variety with a new recipe or great new product here and there, especially EASY recipes that just happen to be fantastically filling and tasting, really helps me. Keeps me from feeling "deprived". :-) Anyone else? For example, I never realized this, but you can microwave a slice of 2% or regular cheese cut into 9 squares - the plain old sandwich slices - for 1 minute on parchment paper (the parchment paper if crucial) and end up with 9 totally delectable cheese crackers without carbs. Great with a salad.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yup -- supper is usually an adventure. I'm retired so have time to search the web for inspiration. I love to wander foreign cuisines. Last night we had Fagioli con tonno (Italian beans and tuna), the night before that Saag aloo murgh (Indian spinach-potato-chicken hash) -- I love just googling whatever ingredients I have that need using with the word "recipe" to see what shows up and then I go from there.

No adventure tonight though. Nuked hot dogs and corn on the cob. It's a lazy night.
  • rockstrong
    rockstrong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too find that variety is very helpful in keeping my meals low-cal and interesting. I cook 3 veggies with my main course and avoid the carbs when possible. I also cut up a bunch of fresh raw veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes and radishes from my local farmer's market. Thanks for the cheese idea, will try it sometime to accompany my salad.