does this swimsuit look ok??

Options
I've never worn a two-piece (except for a tankini). I just can't find a suit I like. I'm worried Zappos is going to rescind my free one-day shipping both ways privileges :ohwell:

I'm taking my family to a watermark at the end of the month. Does this look ok?? I only see my flaws :( Love handles, tattoos I want removed. Ugh.

I know that I'm the one that needs to be happy with it, but no matter what suit I end up with, I won't be happy with it. So if objective, reasonable internet people approve, maybe I'll be able to live with it :wink:

IMG_8475_zps5923f0ed.jpg

IMG_8477_zps277659e0.jpg

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    The bottoms look too small to me. I think if you went a size up on the bottoms, you'd be good to go.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The bottoms look too small to me. I think if you went a size up on the bottoms, you'd be good to go.

They're a large, and a bit loose in the bum. They're really not too small, it's just the way I carry extra fat on my stomach that makes them look too small :/

By the time I get to a healthy body fat percentage, I'll look like a preteen.
  • sarah2954
    Options
    You look great!

:)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

They're a large, and a bit loose in the bum. They're really not too small, it's just the way I carry extra fat on my stomach that makes them look too small :/

I have the same problem when buying bottoms. (if they fit in the back, they're too small everywhere else) Here's to hoping that squats do what they're rumored to do!

ETA: I wear them anywhere.
  • kristincreate
    Options
    You're terrific!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't think the top is flattering, it's kind of smashing your bust.
    You have a nice hourglass shape going on, and great legs. Something with a high cut on the thigh would lengthen the legs a bit and emphasis their shape.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think you look great too :D

Although, I think you'd look amazing with a sexier style swim suit too! You've got a great body shape so I'd go for something sexy (with a bit more cleavage on top and maybe tie up sides on the bottom!) and a bit of colour would look good too :) not that you don't look good in this, but if you feel comfortable going with something more exciting I think you have the figure to pull it off!
  • sarah2954
    Options
    I don't think the top is flattering, it's kind of smashing your bust.
    You have a nice hourglass shape going on, and great legs. Something with a high cut on the thigh would lengthen the legs a bit and emphasis their shape.

lol I have a very small bust. I though it was actually looking better in this since it has padded cups. You should see me in my Nike compression sports bra!

I'll order something higher cut and see how that works. Thanks so much for the suggestions :D
  • sarah2954
    Options
    I think you look great too :D

Although, I think you'd look amazing with a sexier style swim suit too! You've got a great body shape so I'd go for something sexy (with a bit more cleavage on top and maybe tie up sides on the bottom!) and a bit of colour would look good too :) not that you don't look good in this, but if you feel comfortable going with something more exciting I think you have the figure to pull it off!

Thank you :) I wanted color, but already had the black bottoms, so just ordered a black top :/

I really don't feel comfortable doing "sexy." It's just not me. But I will take the compliment :flowerforyou:
  • AbnormalSpring
    AbnormalSpring Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it looks fine.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think you look great but a halter type bikini top would be even better :-)
  • sarah2954
    Options
    Thank you thank you for all the feedback and kind remarks :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but my two cents: Looks great! :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I think the bottoms look great! Overall, a very flattering swimsuit. :drinker:
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's a nice swimsuit and looks good on you! I'm glad you can look past the flaws and feel comfortable enough with your body to go out and wear it. I was this way last year kind of leery about going out in public knowing I had more work to do. I still have more, just less now. Do it! :) And next summer go down in size for the new bikini! :)
  • sarah2954
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but my two cents: Looks great! :drinker:

:wink:
  • sarah2954
    Options
    It's a nice swimsuit and looks good on you! I'm glad you can look past the flaws and feel comfortable enough with your body to go out and wear it. I was this way last year kind of leery about going out in public knowing I had more work to do. I still have more, just less now. Do it! :) And next summer go down in size for the new bikini! :)

And we'll see about that little bikini.....
  • sarah2954
    Options

I think the bottoms look great! Overall, a very flattering swimsuit. :drinker:

:flowerforyou: