Looking for some friends for motivation and accountability!

Options
malpal8629
malpal8629 Posts: 11 Member
Hi there! So, I need to lose 100+ pounds. It's surprising how hard it is just to type that. (Denial, much?) I would love to have some friends on here at all stages of the weight loss journey...just starting or already kicking butt. Of course, it's fun when we have things in common. (And, fun when we don't!) Sooo...I am:
a Texas girl
29 years old
Married
No kids (yet)
Enrolled at a university (graduation: May 2015)
Planning to teach middle school language arts/social studies

What about you guys? :)

Replies

• Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've only been on here for a little over a month and I'm 8 lbs down into my 55 lb lost goal. I'm also 29, married, no kids yet, and from Alberta (Canada).

I can send you a friend request. :smile:
  • mollyw88
    mollyw88 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hiya. I've just started on my weight loss journey (again) and I also need to lose about 100lbs +

I'm 27, married with 2 kids.

I'm a stay at home mum at the moment, but looking forward to going back to work (care assistant) in a couple of years.

I'm in the uk :)
  • dbustamante76
    Options
    Hey There I had lost 140 but then i some how gained some of it back :| so now it's time to get back on track because this s**t of eating whatever i want is catching up to me quicker than i would like. Im 25 I have a gf and a Son i work full time.

Im from South Texas!
  • Kelz7997
    Kelz7997 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am also looking for some accountability. This is only my second week. I have lost 6 lbs so far. I would like to lose 30. I am 35 with two kids. I work a a nurse at night but also stay home with my kids. Nice to meet you. Will send friend request.

Kellie
    Harrisburg, Pa USA
  • qrcc84
    qrcc84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just signed up today. Need to lose.... a lot. =)
  • alittledove
    Options
    Hey! It was super hard for me to set up my profile - lol, seeing the number and admitting to myself I had to change. RIGHT THERE WITH YOU, girly. Accountability is the most important thing I think. Congrats on the first step! :)

I'm looking for some motivation and accountability so I hope you don't mind me adding you!
  • nikki6669
    nikki6669 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting out. I find that I usually manage about 3 days before losing motivation, telling myself I'll get back on track tomorrow....of course we all know that tomorrow never comes.
    So, I'm hoping that by using these boards and talking to people who are in the same situation I can keep going and reach my goal.
    I'm in the UK and work part time as a home help. Live with my partner and 2 of my 3 daughters.
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ^_^
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, married with 2 kids, in the UK (but I'm American), a SAHM (for now) and I'm almost halfway to losing 32 lbs. I log daily, have an open diary and am very supportive. Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • stacynoell
    stacynoell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and early menopause and crazy work schedule effectively erased 65 of my previous 90 pound weight loss. I started Herbalife (1 shake a day) in January and have lost over 20 of the pounds. I eat 1500 to 1600 calories a day, indulge once or twice a week in a sweet treat (i love some junk) and i exercise 5 days a week when school is in and 7-8 hours a week when school is out...