POINTS VS CALORIES

Options
i AM 68 YRS OLD.I have lost 63 lbs..been counting points...been stuck since I started working out...decided to count calories.Anyone been threw this?

Replies

• kristincornelius
    kristincornelius Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure that I am doing this right . Should I not be eating the cals that I burn in exercise? my cals per day are 1490 and add more when I work out so should I continue to eat until I have eaten all my cals?
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I left wt. watchers for the same reason. It just stopped working. I find MFP easier and I like that there is a bigger emphasis on macronutrients. I am more conscious of hitting my protein and carb and fats and sodium with this program then I was on WW. I am 67 and there really is something to the theory that it gets harder to lose as you get older. I have been doing this now for 80+ days now with only one day of "falling off the wagon." I lose an average of 0.5 lbs a week. To speed it up, I am going to try to eat back 50% of my exercise calories. I like that I can play around with it to get the best results. Feel free to send me a friend request. Good luck on your journey!! :wink:
  • purplenurse711
    purplenurse711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I prefer calories over the WW point system. I guess everybody is different and your success on either program ultimately depends on your level of motivation and determination to work the program.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I want to make sure that I am doing this right . Should I not be eating the cals that I burn in exercise? my cals per day are 1490 and add more when I work out so should I continue to eat until I have eaten all my cals?

I'm not sure there is a right way or a wrong way. As I said in my answer to the OP, you have to play around with the numbers. I have NOT been eating back my calories and am only losing a half a pound a week. I am going to start eating back some of my exercise calories and see how that goes. Have you been successful not eating back all of your calories??? Don't fix what isn't broken I guess.
  • PatriciaRicotta
    PatriciaRicotta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My train says not to eat your workout calorie but if you only have calories at like 1200 you will need more on days you workout
  • JourneyToGoal
    Options
    26 Points daily
    x 60 cal per pts
    1560 daily
    x7 days
    2,920 calorie for week + weekly extra =5,790 wow

49 extra when used
    x60
    2,870 calories

what do you think