Too Few Cals, but Not Hungry

Hi there,

So, I've got my calories set to lose 1lb per week, and it set me at 1,890. Lately, I've been netting around 1,100 per day. Because of the nutrient/fiber-rich foods I am choosing, I am not very hungry, and exercise regularly. Is it really necessary for me to consume the full amount of calories? I'm not starving, not at all.

Thanks!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    yes, you need to ensure that you are getting all the proper nutrients that your body needs to thrive. hunger is a terrible indicator of when to eat, it is almost an entirely mental sensation
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    eat more calorie dense foods that are not filling.

You need to eat more.
  • kristam4
    kristam4 Posts: 2
    1,100 is definitely too low, especially if you are working out regularly. Every forum and diet plan I've read ( as well as I'm sure you're seeing here on mfp when completing a day) has stated that for women, 1,200 calories is the minimum to eat before the body will go into starvation mode, which actually triggers your body to store calories rather than burn them. This will most likely cause you to lose weight slower. My best advice would be to (at a minimum) try your hardest to add 100 calories to your diet - shouldn't be too hard. Be sure to watch the balance of carbs/fat/protein to ensure your body is getting the nutrients it needs. Good luck!
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Add a couple spoons of peanut butter or a handle of nuts per day. It won't make you feel stuffed as it's not much volume. Or simply add a scoop of protein powder to a glass of water or milk.
  • fiddybows
    fiddybows Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks, everybody! These ideas are very helpful.