Polar FT7 Watch

I just recently ordered this watch, and I was curious as to if the polar heart rate chest band was needed? I didn't know if it would monitor heart rate with just the watch.
Probably a dumb question, but I wasn't sure.

Replies

• Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    If you bought the FT7 brand new, it will come with the strap and H1 sensor.
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Also, you only get a getting started guide in the box. You will want to go to the polar.com website and read and/or download the .pdf manual. It has a lot more information in it than the guide that comes in the box.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    You have to wear the chest strap to monitor your heart rate.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Yes, the Polar HRMs need the chest strap. The sensor is attached to the chest strap. The wrist band is just the display and controls.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Also, the contacts on the chest strap have to be wet so just run it under water a few seconds before you attach the sensor and put it on.
  • Rambugert13
    Rambugert13 Posts: 5 Member
    oh, don't know you if you know you have to purchase the "Flow Link" or "Data Link" to get your information pair to a computer. The watch doesn't do it on it own ( bought one last night ... learned the hard way) The Link is an additional $40-70 if you shop around... i ended up going back to best buy and purchasing the H7 Heart rate monitor (bluetooth-$54.99 @ bestbuy ) it syncs automatically with a app they have for free and the app syncs w/ the Polar fitness site. So i don't have to use my laptop now... (and if you open anything you you can't return it... learned that today too)

--- how are you guys syncing your Polar devices to MFP... i seen a few apps i can sync my H7 heart rate map too .. .but is there a away to do it directly?
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    If you don't have flowlink you can update the information manually.
  • dnmoehring
    dnmoehring Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks everyone, sorry for the late reply. I have been out of town for a week and can't access the message boards with the app.
    I was afraid of that, but I don't mind using it for my workout. I was just curious about general calories burned during the day, but I don't want to wear a chest strap all day long!
    Mine did come with the strap, so that's a positive.