Who knew !!

Options
jyogit
jyogit Posts: 280 Member
Who knew jumping rope/skipping was so hard .. lol
whilst shopping in local supermarket - sainsburys ..they have a small fitness section and i noticed that a jump rope was on offer for around £3 .. this week I've been reading online a lot of stuff and had read up about jumping rope and its benefits so i thought…go on then for £3 ill give it a go ..well first of all the rope i don't think is anywhere near heavy enough but i gave it a go .. on various websites it said try for 1000 jumps to have a decent effect .. but the posts on said websites all had comments from people saying that 2-300 was the max that could do ..so i set myself a target of 300 on my first day ..
what a workout that was.. lol
i managed 4 sets of 100 at a time so i don't think i did too bad but crikey..i could feel the burn during and after ..much more than the burn from jogging for 3 miles ..so i did both tonight :) quite pleased to say I've only been exercising for around 5weeks in total now.
Anyone else use jumping rope/skipping in their workouts?

Replies

• TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I jump rope and dance with my jump rope as well. Burns a lot of calories. :)
  • jyogit
    Options
    quite an eye opener for the first time in at least 30 years.. lol
    last time i jumped rope was at the youth club to double dutch by malcolm mcClarren.. :)
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am adding a jump rope to my weekly shopping list!
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm still considering one. I'd have to go outside to use it, so it'd be at night or in the morning that I'd get to use it, or else I"d shake this old building and go through the floor into the businesses below! LOL
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am adding a jump rope to my weekly shopping list!

Me too! :smile:
  • jyogit
    Options
    i'm quite lucky at the moment as i work nights in an empty warehouse ..all that time and space to run around in or skip now.. lol i will be out shopping on my day off for a heavier rope though .. think the sisters kids will end up with this one :)
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I tried jumping rope but I was not coordinated enough to do it. I could never get more than one jump before I got tangled up in the rope.