Heaviest ever :(

Options
2»

Replies

• MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I weighed in the 120's for the longest time. After awhile, it started creeping up on me. I remember when the scale said 156 pounds...I cried. Then I started making small changes...gave up soda pop, ate a little something for breakfast (I never ate breakfast), ate a light lunch of cottage cheese and vegetables, had a regular dinner, and began walking. I lost 25 lbs in one month. I also added crunches, leg lifts, and butt tightening exercises. Before I knew it, I was doing 300 crunches a day, and was down to a slim 117 lbs. at the age of 38.

After the birth of my 3rd child, at the age of 41, the weight didn't come off so easy. It started creeping up, and kept going. I got up to 200 lbs. Fortunately for me, some coworkers decided to get together, and exercise. I started off spinning, then worked my way to 5 miles with Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home series. I did use Adipex for awhile, but also exercised, and really ate healthy. I got down to 167, and then the exercising began to hurt my back and legs so bad, that I gave up. I went up to my heaviest ever; 204 lbs.

I finally went to the doctor because the pain in my hip became excruciating, and my snoring got to ridiculous levels. After several tests, and an MRI, I was told that I stopped breathing 123 times in a 3 hr. period, my "hips are a mess", and I have a lot of arthritis in my lower back. My son's doctor even said, "How do you expect your son to lose weight if you don't?" I decided to get back on track with MFP, and began logging in 20 days ago. I lost 9 pounds before the 4th of July, but fell off the wagon due to a visit from my brother, and a bunch of cookouts. I lost the 9 lbs. again, and today I picked up my breathing machine. I have high hopes for the future with the support of my family, and this community of people determined to live a healthier life. We're all in this together, and together, we can do this! Feel free to make me one of your cheerleaders; I'd be happy to give you encouragement!
  • KatJ_NZ
    KatJ_NZ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It is daunting to start the day out well and then realise your calories are all eaten by 1pm! (that has happened to me more than I wish).

One thing that made it easier for me was to sit down the night before, log what I plan to eat the next day, and then blindly follow what I've written down. If I pre-logged a little bit less than my limit, it allowed me to squeeze in a small "treat" which made me feel less restricted. A small treat might just be a few squares of chocolate, or a cookie, or something like that.

I also never set up MFP to lose more than a pound a week. I would have found the calorie reduction too hard. Slow and steady - I've been losing a consistent pound a week since January - you can do it too :flowerforyou:
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I try to track but give up when I realise there is no way I can fit in my calories for the day.

You HAVE to fit it into your calories for the day. Throw this thinking out the window, or else you just don't want it bad enough. In no way do I mean that to be harsh, but beating yourself up over this if you're not fully committed isn't healthy, either. Make small changes - they really add up and make this process easier. Find physical activities that you enjoy doing. It IS possible!