cardiovascular excersise

Options
I see that auto repair is on the cardio list. As a mechanic, I get a good 8-10 hrs a day of auto repair "cardio". That being said should I add that or is that a part of the calories I'm allowed every day?

Replies

• KilaMarie88
    KilaMarie88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No this is accounted for in your activity level you chose! Anything you don't do on a routine basis (for example you start running) you would add
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is designed, you're supposed to account for regular, daily-routine activity such as what your job entails in the activity level you select when you set up your profile. I think you should try setting your profile to active and not log your calories from your job, unless the number of hours you work varies a great deal from day to day (more than just the difference between 8 and 10 hours). It may take some tweaking though -- after all, there are only a few activity level options (four, I think, but it's been a while since I signed up), and the idea that the whole range of possible activity is going to fit neatly into four cubbyholes is obviously unlikely. Most people are going to fall between the pre-set levels.