How long to lose water weight

Options
I was on a freaking roll (16 lbs), then I went home for the holiday. I didn't eat that much more than I was supposed to, certainly not enough to gain back 5 lbs. I have to assume that the super high levels of delicious sodium I ate have lead me to retain water. How much water weight can one person have and how long does it take to lose it?

When I first started I lost about 5 lbs of Water weigh (I think), and it took abut a week to lose it. Could that be the case again? I did miraculously drop 3 pounds last night. I haven't been drinking enough water either, so I have a feeling that has compounded my problem.

It's kind of discouraging to see 1/3 the weight I worked to lose come back in one weekend.

Replies

• ctuongle82
    ctuongle82 Posts: 11
    Options
    You need to drink enough water to lose weights. Exercise more can help losing the water weights.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'll have a bad weekend where I eat out and go out drinking and eat icecream. I don't even look at the scale come Monday after those weekends anymore because I'll go up 3-4lbs easy. Usually it takes me about 4 days on average of eating good and healthy, working out, and drinking water to go back down to normal. Sometimes though it can take up to a week. It really depends on how mean my body decides to be at a given time.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Seems to take me about 5-6 days if i have a weekend of bad food.
  • ShalaraQ
    ShalaraQ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat almost no processed food, and don't cook with salt so when I do eat out, I really get hit with the sodium bloat. It takes at least 3-4 days usually for me to get back to "normal".