How can i get through a 'weird' food day like this?

Options
Today i have had the strangest day so far since i've been trying to lose weight. I haven't been very hungry all day, but when i woke up all i could think about was food. I've kept going back to the kitchen to 'graze' on chocolate, bread, cheese you get the drift. I haven't gone over my calories yet even though i haven't really had anything healhty to eat all day (but only because i've worked out). Have you ever had a day like this?? And how do you get through them without eating your entire kitchen???

Replies

• Pattilynne
    Options
    keep drinking your water, you may be confusing hunger with thirst, once you drink your glass of water, you might not feel the need to snack on other things
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I cook. Eating a "meal" makes me not want to graze. And, as PP said, water :smile:
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    our bodies have a natural reaction to carbs and sugar because in nature these things arent easily found so your body will litterally crave these things like a drug they release endorphins so carbs and sugar dont make you fill up easier and keep you hungrier
  • AlliDoisWin81
    Options
    Eating more protein seems to always help when I crave certain foods. How about eating fats such as almonds, peanut butter, etc.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    I haven't had one yet; I hope I don't!

I'd suggest you plan out your meals. Also, get rid of any junk food in your kitchen. If it's not there, you can't have it.

I have lots of low cal soup as a snack or a main meal if I want, that this usually satisfies me. I also have a low fat strawberry yoghurt as a snack. I'm not big on fruit, I guess I eat more of it during summer.

Also, for chocolate cravings, I eat a 30g bowl of chocolatey cereal with about 150-175ml of skimmed milk for about 180-200cals. This satisfies my craving and fills me up without going overboard on calories.

Hope this helps :-)
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips! And i've definelty pin pointed what went wrong. mainly that i didn't keep hydrated or plan my meals