YAYOG app?

Options
Have you tried it?

I am a beginner at strength training and found this app. I suspect it might be awesome! :smile:

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's a great program and you will see great results if you stick with it.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I know the book the app is based on, and it's a very good bodyweight strength program. If the app does a good job sticking to the program from the book, it should be very good.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I completed the 'beginner' programme using the app a couple of months ago and was very pleased with the results. I've been doing other things since then so haven't tried the next programme yet as I'm unable to commit to doing it properly at this point; but I have been mixing & matching three YAYOG workouts per week instead. I have continued to notice an improvement doing this too!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,569 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's a great app. Though if you're only using this and not the book it might be a good idea to not only read the exercise description within the app but also do some research online on how to do it properly. It falls a bit short there. For the first two workouts: expect to be more sore than ever before (I could not walk, nor move to sit down, or get up, or get out of bed or in for 4 days!). Surprisingly, I haven't really been sore since then even though I'm also using weights now.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I have had the book for a few years now. Recently I decided to just give up on weight training. I've been focused on it and trying but I'm never able to consistently accomplish anything. I had surgery last year on my shoulder and it's just starting to feel normal and stronger, but the very same problem now exists with my other shoulder. Basically every week or month or so I have pain from inflammation and have to stop whatever new thing I just started.

Just yesterday I pulled out my yayog book and downloaded the app. I did basic beginners day one. What I liked is that I could adapt the pushing exercises (there are so many options in the book!) and the breaks. The app really helped me to remember breaks and this made me very careful about posture. Fingers crossed , I think I may have found what I need, even if I just keep doing the same two weeks without much progression, it will be better than the last 2 years:)

I'm pretty sure there are groups. Just use the search function. You could also start your own group:)
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have just downloaded the app and completed beginner day one. I was regularly doing push ups (assisted) and let me ups (bent legs) so not too sore. I see leg day is next so I'm guessing I'll feel differently.

I like how you can use the workout builder to modify as well as change the preloaded workout to suit.

keeping my fingers crossed I can get to chin/pull ups by the end of august! If anyone wants to add me --might be fun to motivate one another.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's great! I did Beginner Day 1 today and I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow. The workout for Day 2 defaulted to tomorrow so I took your advice and changed it to Wednesday instead. I think I was able to do more reps than I would have without the app leading me because of the breaks. Normally, I would just try to power through as many reps as possible before I rested. This does the thinking for me! Any app that can do that is definitely for me. :-)
  • eleamtedon
    Options
    I have been doing the woman's program Body By You, using the generic yayog app, for ten months now, and the results keep me going: I am leaner and stronger, and I find the program to be really fun to do! Good luck to you