Do You See Yourself? (Male Version)

Options

Replies

• CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Its not the labels or the pics themselves, its the fact you didn't look at the chart and say wow 4 of those guys are on drugs.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    "nohairbear" :laugh:

Have you SEEN a shaved bear?!
    shaved-bear.jpg

Good point. :laugh: Although I have to point out that that bear has mange, it is not shaven.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Talk about not realistic I would think most of us would call this guy a body builder

arnold-schwarzenegger-movies__span.jpg

but when you look at the chart hes not even close to bodybuilder. Not only that but Arnold is on record as having taken a lot of very powerful anabolic steroids.

I think what is more telling is the fact the op would use that chart and maybe just how little women(or maybe just the op) pay attention to how men look.

What is most telling is that you missed the other thread for women and don't realize that there is a lack of availability of such charts, thus she worked with what was easily available.

Lol.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Talk about not realistic I would think most of us would call this guy a body builder

but when you look at the chart hes not even close to bodybuilder. Not only that but Arnold is on record as having taken a lot of very powerful anabolic steroids.

I think what is more telling is the fact the op would use that chart and maybe just how little women(or maybe just the op) pay attention to how men look.

Whaht?!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Whaht?!

i knowright? i totally pay attention to the way men look. for days!
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options

The see the difference in the chest area.

Wait a minute that's not what you said a minute ago I believe there was an edit! :)
    [/quote]

Bahahaha, CAUGHT. It's kind of rude of me to come into a "mens" thread and talk about man boobs...I'm an a#*hole :)
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

Whaht?!

I think its not OP's issue. Just a very unrealistic top line body image set with the extreme tanned, shaved, (probably at least last 2 medicated) stereotype image. I agree, Arnold doesn't quite "live up to" "bodybuilder" image on that chart...which is absurd, he is the "perfect model bodybuilder"! Chart "Athletic" is really closer to "built" with lower bodyfat, that is no general "athletic" bodytype there, and "built" guys do not have such low body fat and popping veins, thats a "bodybuilder"...I think the whole line needs to be moved to the right there, with "bodybuilder" off the chart in a new category: extreme competition photoshopped bodybuilder...

The other chart is kind of the other extreme: too many out of shape bodies, no high end of fitness past #5 - athletic, the #4 is close to, but not enough muscle for a "builtfat" guy. No I don't have a better chart, just agreeing no good ones so far.

"Built" without the popping veins or the tiny bf% of the first chart sort of is my goal, but I very closely resemble "builtfat" on the first chart with a little more love handles and more muscle or #4 with a lot more muscle, hair and lovehandles ...damn you charts for still putting the "fat" on my body type still! :)
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options

shaved-bear.jpg

Good point. :laugh: Although I have to point out that that bear has mange, it is not shaven.

I was under the impression that their caretakers hadn't found a cause.
    It turned out to be mange, though?

Also, I wouldn't say appealing. I would say that that bear frightens me.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Male-Body-Type-Chart-Ottermode-Builtfat-Bearmode-Saxm5P.jpg

BEARMODE, definitely... bearmode.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wasn't keen on the descriptions on the first chart either, so I won't bother posting a photo. However, I do think that what my mind "sees" is really what I look like. In other words, my self-image is probably the same as my photo-image. On the other hand, I've always thought of myself as smarter than what I am really, just in case people think that my opinion of self-reflection is always perfect.

I do think that men don't have body issues as much as women, not sure why that is, probably a combination of factors. BTW, does anyone know the difference between #2 and #6 in the naked photo? They look pretty much the same, except age.
  • Ratrap
    Ratrap Posts: 153
    Options

The see the difference in the chest area.

Wait a minute that's not what you said a minute ago I believe there was an edit! :)

Bahahaha, CAUGHT. It's kind of rude of me to come into a "mens" thread and talk about man boobs...I'm an a#*hole :)
    [/quote]

HAHA well call it what it is...I can say that. Skinny guys cant :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Its not the labels or the pics themselves, its the fact you didn't look at the chart and say wow 4 of those guys are on drugs.

How do you know what I did or didn't say about them? Do I need to say "hey, there bodies aren't easily or naturally attainable." To a bunch of, I assume, grown men? At what point does "which one do you think you're closest to?" Require a drug PSA? What baring do some unrealistic bodies have on the question, exactly?

And I acknowledged to people prior to you coming in here to add nothing that I didn't care for the chart but the only other one that came close had lables like 'Auschwitz' and 'Cardio Bunny' with pictures of thin women to imply that doing cardio makes you a woman. I suppose that one would have been less offensive after all?

If you can find a better chart with as wide an array of body types feel free to provide. I'll have the mods edit it into the OP, but if not then what's the point?

This, by the way, is why I didn't want to do a male thread. The female one has managed to roll on, even if some people dislike the lables or feel some of the models are photo shopped/unrealistic. They were able to learn and take comfort from it; meanwhile this one is a bunch of 'I don't like this chart' 'these pictures are ridiculous' and 'I won't post because of these labels'. All I can do is apologize to those who asked me for the male version and hope they arent too disappointed in how it turned out
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

How do you know what I did or didn't say about them? Do I need to say "hey, there bodies aren't easily or naturally attainable." To a bunch of, I assume, grown men? At what point does "which one do you think you're closest to?" Require a drug PSA? What baring do some unrealistic bodies have on the question, exactly?

And I acknowledged to people prior to you coming in here to add nothing that I didn't care for the chart but the only other one that came close had lables like 'Auschwitz' and 'Cardio Bunny' with pictures of thin women to imply that doing cardio makes you a woman. I suppose that one would have been less offensive after all?

If you can find a better chart with as wide an array of body types feel free to provide. I'll have the mods edit it into the OP, but if not then what's the point?

This, by the way, is why I didn't want to do a male thread. The female one has managed to roll on, even if some people dislike the lables or feel some of the models are photo shopped/unrealistic. They were able to learn and take comfort from it; meanwhile this one is a bunch of 'I don't like this chart' 'these pictures are ridiculous' and 'I won't post because of these labels'. All I can do is apologize to those who asked me for the male version and hope they arent too disappointed in how it turned out

TIL that men are bad at this. That's probably why we don't have 80 different fruit shapes either.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OP. I appreciated the thread. It's always good to see fresh perspectives.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hilarious.

I can't read though it because I'm at work, and we have a no naked photos policy here.

The boyfriend is built fat, going for athletic.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I guess built fat in the other one. I'd like to be a bit leaner with a more athletic look...but I really like beer.

20131124_151450.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    Options

shaved-bear.jpg

I was under the impression that their caretakers hadn't found a cause.
    It turned out to be mange, though?

Also, I wouldn't say appealing. I would say that that bear frightens me.

I don't know about that particular bear, but I have seen photos of other bears with mange.

30k3v5e.jpg

What is the story behind your photo? Curious now. :smile:

EAT: So I found the story on Dolores the bald bear> Hasn"t been any update on her since the original story> arg my keyboard is fReaking out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225042/Germanys-bald-bears-Fur-disease-afflicts-Dolores-baffles-vets.html
  • jmattingly01
    jmattingly01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    CAM00025.jpg

Ottermode? I've always been a pretty scrawny guy (170 lbs in this pic), and I've worked very hard to get the muscle that I've put on. I wouldn't mind getting to athletic in a couple years.
  • WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    I think I'm a four? I would kill to be like 2 or 6. Lol