Food Percentages

Options
Hi there I having been eating Paleo since the beginning of June but prior to that I tended to stay away from breads Pasta, rice and potatoes as a rule, what I really would like to know is what breakdown should I have of carbs, proteins and fats from my overall calories can anyone help me with that, I do know that you are told to eat more fats if you are very hungry obviously the good fats, look forward to any help you can give me

Replies

• georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there I having been eating Paleo since the beginning of June but prior to that I tended to stay away from breads Pasta, rice and potatoes as a rule, what I really would like to know is what breakdown should I have of carbs, proteins and fats from my overall calories can anyone help me with that, I do know that you are told to eat more fats if you are very hungry obviously the good fats, look forward to any help you can give me

Paleo is typically pretty low carb but as for exact percentages those more so pertain to similar diet strategies such as keto and LCHF. If you are doing alot of physical activity and weight training you will want to increase your protein intake slightly above what is recommended. Here's a decent calculator if you're interested in determining macro percentages for a low carb high fat diet: http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    It's all about context. Your diary and profile aren't open so you'll need to provide stats and whether you're cutting, bulking or maintaining.....

One clue I get though is that you're hungry!
  • Davinajw
    Davinajw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies, yes I am hungry but not starving, I have only just started using the diary for foods again so other than yesterdays there is nothing else on it, but I will open it so you can have a look
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    It's all about context. Your diary and profile aren't open so you'll need to provide stats and whether you're cutting, bulking or maintaining.....

One clue I get though is that you're hungry!

as above + consider your body does not work on % but on needs based on activity levels and body composition.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    Hi thanks for the replies, yes I am hungry but not starving, I have only just started using the diary for foods again so other than yesterdays there is nothing else on it, but I will open it so you can have a look

If you'd still like guidance can we know more about you please?

Age, sex, height, weight, exercise, lifestyle, how much to lose...
  • Davinajw
    Options
    Female, 51, 5ft2in, 55.6kg exercising just increased from 4 to 6 times per week, split between, upper, lower, push pull and core not excessively heavy as just started back after almost 13 months struggling with a back issue which is thankfully sorted now. I am looking to lose 1.6kg to get me to 54kilo my starting weight as of 9th June was 57kg I have lost inches all over since starting the Paleo dropping alcohol and only started working out three weeks ago, I just needed to know if I was getting the Paleo right, thanks for your replies
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    With your exercise levels set to moderate on Scooby I've calculated 1910 cals pd. if you are losing a pound a week it's 1410.

I'd make sure I was eating 100g of protein a day (400 cals), 50 plus g of fats (450 cals) and the rest carbs.

I would ignore the percentage counter on my diary, but I don't do tdee, yours looks like 25-30% protein 30% fats and the rest carbs.

Bear in mind, if you are that low carb, when you reintroduce them, your scale weight will jump up as the body retains water in the gut and muscle glycogen. It's not fat.
  • Davinajw
    Options
    thank you Springfield19, this paleo is probably going to be a constant with me, so I won't have to worry about reintroduction of other foods, my system has never felt so good :)