best dvd for legs and thighs

Options
I've been doing the 30DS (halfway through level 2) every day and really enjoying it. I've also been running for a couple of miles 4 times a week too. I'm looking to find a workout which tackles mainly my legs and thighs specifically. Can anyone help?

Replies

• ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can search videos on FitnessBlender.com - I like them a lot and there are so many!
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a Killer Buns & Thighs video!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to remove fat from your legs prior to the rest of your body? It doesn't work like that. You body gets to "pick" where and when it loses fat. Usually the first place you gain will be the last place you lose. For me this is my thighs. Just keep active, keep on a calorie deficit, and think about incorporating some strength training and eventually it'll come off your thighs.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You can't spot burn. If you're trying to remove fat from those areas specifically you can't do that. Just keep exercising and eating at a deficit.
  • vipxox89
    vipxox89 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I know i can't spot burn. It's just i'm not feeling 'the burn' in my legs as much now, it's like they're used to what i'm doing. So want to add something a bit more intense for those areas.

I've stuck to plan so far, eating my recommended daily cals and burning between 300 & 600 cals 6 days a week. I'm fairly certain i'm losing inches but it's a bit disheartening to see the scales staying the same for the past 3 weeks. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping it's just cos my body is still getting used to it and i will drop lbs soon!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    It's just i'm not feeling 'the burn' in my legs as much now, it's like they're used to what i'm doing. So want to add something a bit more intense for those areas.

Squats, deadlifts, and lunges - all using heavy weight. Those are the 3 foundational exercises for almost every good lower body program. Videos with instructions are on Youtube.

If you're losing inches, you're losing fat, so keep at it.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I know i can't spot burn. It's just i'm not feeling 'the burn' in my legs as much now, it's like they're used to what i'm doing. So want to add something a bit more intense for those areas.

I've stuck to plan so far, eating my recommended daily cals and burning between 300 & 600 cals 6 days a week. I'm fairly certain i'm losing inches but it's a bit disheartening to see the scales staying the same for the past 3 weeks. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping it's just cos my body is still getting used to it and i will drop lbs soon!

The soreness gradually gets better as you continue with a workout program. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with how effective of a workout you're getting. That being said based on the specific home workouts you mentioned your options are limited. Your best bet is to try to stray away from using DVDs.