C25K logging?

Options
Just done my first Couch to 5K workout (!!! so proud!) and I was wondering what I should log it as?

Replies

• bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Total the amount of time spent walking and the amount of time spent running and log them as two separate entries. And remember, the MFP (and a lot of exercise equipment) usually estimates hight for amount of calories burnt.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Best bet is to run something like Runkeeper or Endomondo alongside the C25K coaching and then sync it straight into MFP.

For early stages of C25K, about 200-250 cals, for the later parts of the programme 250-300 cals.

Essentially about 100 cals per mile.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Best bet is to run something like Runkeeper or Endomondo alongside the C25K coaching and then sync it straight into MFP.

THIS /\/\/\/\
    I did the programme last year and used Endomondo, it synchs any and all workouts straight to MFP.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I use map my run on my phone and add the calories from there. Although if I chose "run" as an activity I think it well over estimates my calorie burn (abour 100 per km) so I log it as power walk.
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I let the app on my phone (or the treadmill, when I did C25K on there) track my calories and entered them manually into MFP under an excersize I created called "C25K"
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just run MapMyWalk in tandem with the c25k app.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've downloaded the Runkeeper for Windows Phone - do I have to have a heart rate monitor for it to tell me how much I've burned? Do I open up Runkeeper and then open up C25K?
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You'll have both apps open at the same time, you do not need a HRM.

I used to use endomondo but bought a fitbit so I don't really log anything since the fitbit syncs with MFP.