Vacation Success and ONEDERLAND!!!

Options
Boccellin
Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
So this past weekend, two wonderful things happened! My boyfriend and I moved to Vermont nearly a year ago, which is when I started trying to lose weight. For some reason, every time we have gone home to Pennsylvania for a visit, I have completely forgotten about good nutrition and exercise, slacked off and ate way too much. For some reason, I just thought that being at home meant that I didn't have to be healthy. Last time we went home, I gained five pounds in a week. Not this time! For some reason, this time it finally clicked that this is my lifestyle, not a diet, and you don't get to take vacations from a lifestyle.

In the 4 days we were home, I ran a 5k with my friends (my time was horrendous for me, but I was sticking with my friends so it was a lot of walking) and went for a five mile hike. I was a tad naughty. After eating a reasonable dinner at a restaurant I had this monstrosity of an alcoholic drink with ice cream in it, but that was it. I accepted the fact that I could be a LITTLE naughty, make ONE poor choice, and not let it sway me into taking a whole week off. I didn't feel guilty about it at all :)

To make matters even better, when I left for Pennsylvania on Thursday I weighed 201.8. When I weighed in this morning, Tuesday, I weighed 198.8! I hit Onederland!!! FINALLY!!!! I'm well aware of the fact that it is unlikely that I dropped two pounds in four days and this might just be a fluctuation, but I'm happy about it anyway! I didn't gain weight on my vacation! I lost it and got into Onederland!!!!! YAY!

Replies

• calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow - good for you!! I gain weight consistently on vacation - and come home angry at myself. It sounds like you are on to something! Keep up the good work. Your post inspired me.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job sticking with it!
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is true dedication and lifestyle change. I leave this weekend for vacation and hope that I can have the same success. Great job!
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That must be a wonderful feeling!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    YAY! /happydance =D
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! I can't wait for onederland!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment. Thank you for posting and inspiring others =)
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is a great success! Goes to show that when you are in the groove, anything is possible!! CONGRATS!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I joined you in Onederland today! I'm going to celebrate with the new Weird Al album :):) But it feels so great to break that barrier! Here's to MANY MORE POUNDS LOST!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How exciting! So proud of you and so envious! I cannot wait to see myself in wonderland! Soon I hope Soon!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yahoo to onderland- good for you, happy times ahead, keep on going
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with it. You must be so happy to have arrived on the Onderland Express.
    Congrats
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!

Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YAAAY! Wonderful news -- and you should feel victorious!!! Congrats!
  • Boccellin
    Options
    "I joined you in Onederland today! I'm going to celebrate with the new Weird Al album :):) But it feels so great to break that barrier! Here's to MANY MORE POUNDS LOST"

Congrats! It truly is a wonderful feeling!
  • Boccellin
    Options
    I have learned this is a lifestyle. I am taking a mini vk later this week. It will be full of bad food. I am willfully packing my own cooler, going to walk and swim and make my diet drinks.

I may have a naughty treat and I may not. But I am prepared.

VKs are not about the food, it is about the xperience and memory.

I absolutely agree! I had the exact same amount of fun without the over abundance of bad food as I would have had with it, plus I get the benefit of no guilt!
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good job--vacations are fun but they can temporarily kill your routine. I had a similar situation when I went home to Philadelphia and ate chicken cheesesteaks everyday for a week!!! I can't lie--I will eat one (or 3) when I visit this year because I can't get food like that in TEXAS! lol
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great work, I had the same experience last week and he feeling when you get home and have not caved in is way better than the food would have made you feel!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!