Does drinking your water do this too you?

Options
I will apologize if this is TMI.... BUT, any day that I drink my 8 glasses of water, I spend the ENTIRE day running to the bathroom. And God forbid I drink over my 8 glasses....

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it possible that 8 glasses is too much for my body?

I know it's extra steps (LOL :laugh:) but I feel like they should move my work computer into the restroom so I can accomplish something.

HELP!

Replies

• ApronMom
    ApronMom Posts: 16
    Options
    Are you counting other drinks like coffee and tea too? If you're drinking a couple cups of coffee and other drinks as well as the water that may be why. Remember caffinated drinks are diuretics.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have accepted that drinking the amount of water I do that I will be running to the bathroom fairly consistently (much more than 64 ounces mind you, more like 150 ounces+ a day). I normally stop drinking fluids at 7 pm, otherwise I have to get up 3 times in the night as well lol
  • cms0417
    cms0417 Posts: 13
    Options
    Same here but it's gotten better. I started off with just 8 cups a day, but I was trying to drink it all at one time instead of spacing them out but now I have upped it to a gallon a day. :) I have a 32 oz. water bottle so I space it out throughout the day.

32 oz. - before 8 AM
    32 oz. - before 12 PM
    32 oz. - before 3 PM
    32 oz. - before 7 PM
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    yup - if i drink even 6 cups per day i'm always in the bathroom, and even more so with 8 cups. i work at home, so not usually a problem, but i have stopped drinking within 2 hours of bedtime so i'm not up every 2 hours.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I slack off on water, when I pick it back up, I am in the bathroom a lot at first. But then I seem to adjust and don't have to go as much. It's like when you have a potted plant that dries out. You water it and the water just runs out the bottom. But after you've watered it a bit and the soil is somewhat moist, it seems to hold the water better. (Obviously not a scientific explanation but that's what it reminds me of.)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Yes, water keeps me going to the potty. I don't mind because it flushes out the salt which causes water retention.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When I consistently drink water, I don't go to the bathroom as much. However, if I slack off and start drinking again, I have to go more frequently until my body gets accustomed to drinking a lot of water again.

That was a great analogy using the plants. That is exactly what happens with me. :flowerforyou:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    bloody_keyboardguy.gif~c200

testing 1,2, 3
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    bloody_keyboardguy.gif

testing 1,2, 3

Ehh...I tried!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I will apologize if this is TMI.... BUT, any day that I drink my 8 glasses of water, I spend the ENTIRE day running to the bathroom. And God forbid I drink over my 8 glasses....

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it possible that 8 glasses is too much for my body?

I know it's extra steps (LOL :laugh:) but I feel like they should move my work computer into the restroom so I can accomplish something.

HELP!

I drink at least 3 quarts of water most days. And yes, that means a of trips to the restroom!

Your body needs adequate water intake to function well. If you exercise or are experiencing warm weather, you need even more water. If your urine is light yellow to almost clear, you're drinking the right amount of water for you.