So I came grovelling back...

Options
Hannahp1402
Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
Hi
I was here from January to May and lost around 30pounds during that time, the issue being that from April to May my weight stayed the same and would not budge even by 0.1kg and I carried on and on until I just gave up (Naughty I know but I was so fed up) I tried all sorts of different things upping calories, lowering them, exercising like this and that and just got fed up!

Anyway I am back 4kg heavier but still way under my starting weight. This is something I need and want to do, but I was stupid and gave up! I have just booked a holiday for August 2015, and I would like this to be my target day. I am paying a lot of money for this holiday and don't want to spend the whole time uncomfortable and feeling disgusting again! Would love to actually get in the pool which I haven't done on holiday since I was a child, being scared to wear shorts and wearing a dress tucked up on a sun lounger because I wont wear anything less, I doubt I would even show my legs this time if I don't change myself now!!! Obviously my health and everything else that goes with it are my priority, but I just feel the holiday is a good day for me in my mind.

I am currently at 89kg 5 ft 5 female 23 yrs old my starting weight was 105kg back in January.

Please can someone educate me as to why my weight would not change in May, this is what I need to understand so it does not happen again? Any advice appreciated and if anyone who would like to bully me into carrying on, and likes being cruel to be kind please add me!!!!!

Thank you

Replies

• curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was here from January to May and lost around 30pounds during that time, the issue being that from April to May my weight stayed the same and would not budge even by 0.1kg and I carried on and on until I just gave up (Naughty I know but I was so fed up) I

Please can someone educate me as to why my weight would not change in May, this is what I need to understand so it does not happen again? Any advice appreciated and if anyone who would like to bully me into carrying on, and likes being cruel to be kind please add me!!!!!

Thank you
    I do not mean to be rude, but it is rather clear according to some fitness experts that plateaus are a matter of falling in to bad habits. Even when we make adjustments, something has gone by the wayside. It is human nature that when we are really doing well, we can get a little bit lax on all the details. It was a huge accomplishment for you to lose 30 pounds.

Track everything. Log it all. I know you can do this.
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I realised I must of been doing something wrong, but I kept coming for help and not getting an answer. Spent all of my times googling it and looking it up and reading through posts on here and nothing every changed. I can do it this time as I'm not being fat on holiday ever again!

thank you for your reply and encouragement
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    One of the things no one tells you about weight loss it that the scale will break your heart 63543354334 times. What I mean is, weight loss is not linear. You could be doing everything right the whole week, or even for several weeks, and not post a loss, or even experience a (temporary) gain! All you can do is accept that this is part of the process and keep going.
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, but for example, I lost only one kilo (yes, 1kg!) so far, and it's been more than a month, but my body has changed noticeably - and I mean I'm smaller all around. It's frustrating, I know, but weight (or the scale) is not the only indicator of weight loss.
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You lost 16 kgs in 4 months and you were discourage??? That's about 36 American pounds! I'd kill for that kind of weight loss. I bet it took a lot longer to gain that weight than it did for you to lose it.
    Here's the trick to losing all the weight you need too: Don't Give Up!
    It doesn't matter how long it takes, just don't give up. If you do, you'll never lose it or worse yet, may add to it. Just stay the course, even if seems to take forever, you will get there, IF you Don't Give Up!
  • A185945
    A185945 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's an inspiration that your'e back to the my fitness pal programme, and sticking to your guns. I agree with you completely that you should to stick it out, and go on your holiday looking and feeling 100% fabulous! One thing I can try to recommend is that you alter your daily eating plan (if you haven't done so already). Perhaps start with a completely different breakfast type (for example, if you were on a protein breakfast before, try a carb, or if you had a carb for breakfast try a protein like omelette with broccoli for e.g.). Swap your exercise routine intermittently, from cardiovascular to strength/core training and then back to cardiovascular. Try jumping over to something completely different, like taking up a zumba fitness class, or tae bo. Keep it interesting and never lapse into boring and familiar when it comes to trying to lose weight. I'm trying to do the same from my side, so let's see how it goes:-)
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You lost 16 kgs in 4 months and you were discourage??? That's about 36 American pounds! I'd kill for that kind of weight loss. I bet it took a lot longer to gain that weight than it did for you to lose it.
    Here's the trick to losing all the weight you need too: Don't Give Up!
    It doesn't matter how long it takes, just don't give up. If you do, you'll never lose it or worse yet, may add to it. Just stay the course, even if seems to take forever, you will get there, IF you Don't Give Up!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello.. read your return and grovel..
    and frankly I wnat to say something abit different that might be shocking...While discipline may be a result of conflict with self actualization..

Its not surprising that your unwanted body fat refuses to budge and it won't.. The Calorie counter police are going to site you for all the errors and violations you committed..for all the sneaking eating, for all the binge eating, for the lapse in judgement not to mention you are simply not trying hard enough..

its not a few hundred thousand Its more than 85% of the entire worlds population who use the calorie counting formula..

Im not sure why a system so full of gaping holes still keeps finding crusaders. If it were a cell phone with key pad errors, signal problems, telephony dumps, or a computer not working right they would kick that piece of junk the curb same day. and never use it again.

I'm not bashing Im simply pointing out the obvious.

Here is the rub.. there is another sub system running behind your so called bad metabolism.. its called hormones..The one hormone that can do anything to unwanted body fat is ignored by the calorie counting crime finger pointers...Hormones control literally every action a human does.. Every thing..even the knee jerk reaction form MFP troll tramps who will be bashing me without realizing what Im pointing out is truth.. hormones are controlling their every response to my good words..

The one in particular you are concerned about is called the lypo-lytic enzymes..its the only hormone that can communicate with unwanted body fat.. its the only hormone agent that does the work to remove unwanted body fat, its the only hormone agent that can deweaponize and command unwanted body fat to stand down..

its not a few hundred thousand people we are talking about calories in failing the end user, Its more than 85% of the entire population who use the calorie counting formula..

So you are not 100% the culprit.. Whats happening is one of three things...Your lipolytic enzyme count is too low.. which is hwta i suspect,,the potency which can be affected by food may not be concentrated enough this you can test for.. or its not secreting intoy your system because the amount of double digit sugars in your blood stream over shadow the signal of the enzyme.

When you say the things you did before.. this tells me all three are happening in conjunction, because normally your weight would have surpassed what it was originally if there was complete lipolytic enzyme failure to secrete.

What to do going forward as i can talk all day about the enzyme itself.. its a marvelous mechanism..of human anatomy..maybe not for you or those in your position.. but serve just one function and all the calorie counting die hard take it for granted..unless of course its happening to them.

But what you have to do is reset you system..I have not seen your diary.. but there are tells..not in numbers but what kinds of foods will teach your body to release those enzymes.. when say types of fofds.. I mean food energy systems that distribute nutrients to you..all over..

there are system patches will increase the functionality of the calorie in and out process you need right away to deal with the errors in using it. Other wise.FEELING.BLUE SCREEN FOR YOU

Friend me..

I am in the roll out phase of

Breaking Bad! The No Hunger Games Guide to Getting back to Bodacious, Fit Firm and For Good

This guide plugs the calories in an calories out sink holes..

friending me means you receive friends with benefits f information found nowhere else on the web.. all original all work for the 85% that first generation of the calories in has failed..

And trust me.. I wont have to barbarian at the gate approach to exercise you or make you become a slave to the process for eternity either..

You will glean a learning relationship with your body that super teaches you how to achieve indomitable Life force without fear doubt and disbelief..

Looking forward to you being apart of my awesome pool of friends..
    PLUG
    THANKS guys and Gals for your participation in name of the guide survey.

You will be well rewarded..those who participated got free food energy plans templates uniquely designed to save 343 manhours a year writing , searching and documenting every thing they put into their mouth..

Good friends don't let great friends buy into calorie counting bunk.

Dances with Wow

I help achievers and over achievers forge their body as a calling card to back it up.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP deficit, log accurately, and if your weight doesn't change in 6-8 weeks, come back and open your diary. I'm sure people could help you then. I can't speak to the last time you were on here. Did you use a food scale last time you gave up?