Any couples on this site?

Options
My girlfriend added me on here. Now I can't hit on women. :explode: :mad:
I mean.. I love you. :drinker: :heart:

All joking aside,
Do you find it beneficial to have a partner as a friend on here? Or do you have a joint MFP account?
How's it working out?

Katie, if you see this. Get home. I'm bored and posting crap on the forums.. I don't do this often.. :sick:

Replies

• crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh what a shame you can't hit on strangers :laugh: I don't think having a joint account would work silly, since people have different goals and calorie needs. Having a partner as a friend on here probably does not make a difference, since you have them in real life to support you. As far as getting home, I am working on that. It's all up to the clock now :noway:
  • comona
    comona Posts: 18
    Options
    You're right. Joint account. Idiotic of me. Must be running low on sleep.
    Must. Fall. Asleep.
    Can't wait up for you much longer....
  • crikey_katie
    Options
    lol you slept plenty :p Joint accounts in general I have never been a fan of, it gets confusing when my friends have a joint account with their significant other and I think it's signifies some level of distrust.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ok that was fun!
  • crikey_katie
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ok that was fun!
    We were so bored, it kind of was lol. Too bad my *kitten* of a boyfriend deleted his account hahaha XD
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I had friends who where married, then there profiles changed, and they dont seem to talk anymore
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both on here and have been for about 2 1/2 years. It makes logging much more simple as you are eating the same foods. The only drawback is we both try to wait for the other to log so we can copy it.

11163518964_f2a42507e2_m.jpg
  • crikey_katie
    Options
    My wife and I are both on here and have been for about 2 1/2 years. It makes logging much more simple as you are eating the same foods. The only drawback is we both try to wait for the other to log so we can copy it.

11163518964_f2a42507e2_m.jpg
    That's adorable :) Way to go guys :)
  • megan_h26
    megan_h26 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    lol Good.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Me and my girl are on here, she doesn't log much though because at her house everything is up in the air and she has no choice about changing it. But we support each other through everything. And I don't hit on other women here anyways, I'm too devoted to my girl to even think about it.
  • raqueldaisy
    raqueldaisy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yup! Me and my honey, @angeloh1365 have a common goal: to feel good, look sexy, and be healthy! So we're on the mission together!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend added me on here. Now I can't hit on women. :explode: :mad:

So you're trying to pick up another couple for fun times?
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband and I are both on MFP :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Joint MFP account? That's worse than a joint Facebook account (which is completely stupid). My husband has an MFP account, but he has probably logged a week's worth of food total. He's stubborn and thinks he can bulk up without logging his calories; it's too much of a hassle for him I guess. He is gaining, so who am I to tell him he's wrong? If he hits a wall, maybe he'll learn.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My fiance (we've been together 5 years) and I have been on here for about 2.5 years. It has been such a helpful experience because we both plan meals together and have the same idea about eating out- we both look at the menu before going or decide to eat somewhere healthier. We don't work out together, but we will walk together. If you both can do this, I think it's the best case scenerio, I love doing this with him. We support each other's weight loss (or any small periods of gain) and new lifestyle. When he stopped using MFP for a few months it was harder on me, so glad he's joined me again! :D
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend always talks about joining.

He's not into calorie counting, though, he's all about the Paleo.

Honestly, this is the one place I can have a private ***** fest and no one can see it but my BFF.

I'd prefer to keep it that way.

I don't think he'd really use it anyways, and I would lose some of my daring knowing that his eyes could scan anything I say.

ETA: "Private complaining fest"
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    My husband joined when he saw how successful I've been. Then he baselined the calories on most of the things he eats and stopped logging/logging in. I hope he comes back to the site because I think it's fun.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both are on here. We both created accounts about 3 years ago and at first, only were friends with each other. He uses it less frequently now as he's reached his goal weight, but I am still on it everyday. Honestly, I've found it was much easier to stay motivated when he was tracking regularly too, as it would help keep us both honest with what we were eating.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Yup! We both use the site to track calories.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to steal wives and girlfriends.