motivation and Heat

Options
I am having a really hard time getting motivated to work out in 80+ degree weather and I can't go to a gym to workout, I can't afford it and/or the babysitter I would need. I was wondering if anyone had any Suggestions?

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Workout inside?
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You could get some workout tapes..... Jillian Michaels has some great ones. You could do inside....
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Modifying your workouts might help. On the really hot and humid days I just can't seem to drag myself outside so I do strength training, yoga, DVD's and so on. Sometimes the early morning hours are cool enough to get in a good run just make sure you're visible and keep hydrated.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit U, and my air conditioner. I need the air conditioner.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    On super hot days I workout in my bedroom in front of a fan. Either youtube videos, or I pick from my large stock of workout dvd's.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have Amazon Prime. If you do they have quite a few workout videos free on Amazon Prime video.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I second everyone else who said workout videos. I work out at home in the living room under the ceiling fan at high speed lol. I use DVDs or stream workouts on Amazon Instant Video.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    It's getting up to 100 degrees here, so I feel you on the heat. (It's generally 80 before 10 am here)

Try getting up early enough that it isn't so hot. Also add plenty of water. If you're working out inside, use a room fan.
  • captaindle
    captaindle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You might want to do a little reading on high intensity interval training. You can do it indoors with no equipment. You just have to tailor it to your fitness level. It's something I'm checking out myself.
  • LWBanks
    LWBanks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I workout in my living room (especially in the summer) and follow a specific beachbody workout program for 21, 30, 60, or 90 days. If you want some awesome home DVD programs here is what I use and love. There is a wide range of prices to fit any budget and they are all great.

fitlifepursuits.com/beachbodycoach

If you want a recommendation on a specific program after exploring the site, feel free to message me!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo a bunch of people here and say workout inside, in front of a fan or your a/c.

Or, get up early in the morning, before it gets hot and workout then.
  • WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    I love running in the heat because it makes me sweat even more. The only thing I can say is find music that drives you or that outfit you want to fit in. I look at myself in the mirror naked and it gives me the motivation to run. However, stay hydrated if you run in the heat.
  • laur917
    laur917 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can always go to the mall and walk some laps around in the ac. make it into a game with your kid and try to do each lap faster and faster. Comcast on demand has a ton of free workouts to do as well.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Can you go someplace to swim?
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Can you go someplace to swim?
    Yes but without another adult I prefer not to because it is a pond and my 2 year old loves to try and escape. He is a handful and is always getting himself into trouble.