cw 199 goal 140 5 ft 5 need friends and advice

Options
hi im not that new to this but would like some friends in a similar position. I am 28 and a working wife and mother( not that it matters if friends are or not). I know this is going to take a while to acheive can any mfp users advise how long it took them to reach similar goals
Thanks Sarah

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    well we are sort of near each other. i was 199 after I gave birth 2 years ago and I am trying to get off 15 more pesky pounds that have been lingering around 10 years or so. :laugh: this site is awesome and the people are so encouraging. yesterday i had a bad diet and personal day and there were my friends, encouraging and being there for me. i am 33, married, stay at home mom except for the weekends, and i want to get down to around 150. go ahead and friend me. good luck.
  • cheermom614
    Options
    I completely understand. I'm a stay at home mom and although my kids are older, what doesn't change is putting off doing things for yourself so that you can do things for your kids!
    This is a great site and you can learn so many things from everyone on here. I was 140 when I started and my ULTIMATE GOAL (which I never truly thought attainable) was 120. It has taken me 9 months and I am one pound away from that unattainable goal! You just have to remind yourself everyday why you are doing this. Remember it's a lifestyle change, not a diet!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am 32 I have a stepdaughter and a husband who are both skinny as sticks and I have like 130lbs to lose. I work alot and very hard I work 3 differnt jobs but one of them I just work when I want to and I don't want to alot lol. Anyways I know the pressures that you are loking about and I would love if be a source of inspiration or source of support and I would appreciate the same if you would like that just let me know you can friend request me
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've got 65lbs still to go. I am also a mother of 2, I work, and I am almost finished with my nursing degree. We can motivate each other! :happy:
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. We're pretty similar. I'm a divorced, working mom of 2, and a Girl Scout leader to 11. Time to work out and cook healthy foods are easily my biggest challenges. I've done fairly good the last 3 weeks and have dropped 11 pounds. I started at 198 and am now at 187. I'm 5' 4" and am on my way to 140.

Welcome! And good luck!
  • rlelliott08
    rlelliott08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, I weigh around the same as you do, I am tired of being this heavy, never been this heavy in my life. I would love to weigh around the same as what i was when i met my hubby which is around 120. but i would be happy just to get in under 150. message me, or add me as a friend, maybe we can do this together and inspire each other to keep going. Good luck with your goal, cause I know I will need all the luck I can get.
  • TerriMama23
    Options
    Hi
    Im 43 a mom of 1 , and i have 50 lbs to go .. i was 294 and now im 180 , i also had lapband surgury last year it was the best thing i ever did... i lost 114 lbs and feel great now , i can play with my lil girl now.. i never had any energy before to do that .. i even go to the gym every day and play Wii fit at home with the kid she loves it ...
    you can do it !! this is a GREAT site . im only on it for 2 days but im so happy to have found it .....
    Good luck to you !! you will do Awsome .. im here if ya want a friend
  • TopKat
    TopKat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, not quite in the same boat, but we all have something in common:smile: