veggetti

missyjane824
missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
Anyone tried this thing. Does it make the veggies taste like spaghetti? I'm wondering the science behind that?

vegetti3.jpg

Replies

• Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    I looked at it. It has a whole in the middle so you are wasting the interior of the vegetable you are trying to cut. There is another spiral cutter which can be purchased at kitchen supply stores which works better.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I don't use that device but have one that looks like a vegetable peeler that serves the same purpose. No, it doesn't make the veg taste like spaghetti but, if you are putting it under a sauce, the difference isn't noticeable. I normally do a half serving of pasta and bulk it up with zucchini and even my son loves it.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    I just got this!!!! I love it! I've already made a few dishes.
  • lalee93
    lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
    I bought this at Walmart. It just cuts the vegetable you use into pieces that look like spaghetti. It worked surprisingly well for an "as seen on TV" product, I thought. Yes, there is some waste from the center of the vegetable, but not a lot. I used it on a zucchini and made some spaghetti and mixed the two together, so that I only ate about half the pasta I normally would. When I took a bite, I couldn't tell which was which. I really like it and think it is a handy tool.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    I have that and a Spirooli. Love them both, but the Vegetti is nice and compact so if space is an issue it is great. Love my zucchini noodles :)