So...anyone freakishly tall? I'm 6'8"

Options
2»

Replies

• a941guy
    a941guy Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great replies and new found friendships! It's great to see so many other taller people here and fans of taller people!

I'm going to take a look into the charts and see where I'm "supposed" to be at however I think tgarvey said it, that a lot will depend on what my body tells me and to re-evaluate goals at every step.

@avril - I agree with you. Even if that weight (168) is accurate by some higher power beyond any of us...I personally wouldn't want to be that low. I'd be ecstatic if I got down to 260 (a healthy 260 with some nice muscle definition and what not). Damn, I can't wait!
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i'm 6'5". Was 320. Got down to 160. Bulked up to 220. I'm back down to about 190 right now. You can do it if I can!
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dr. or Gym scales can weigh you. You are not too tall. Just Right. A I am at 5'2 1/2 inches.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I so shouldn't be in this thread I am only 5'5. Such a different perspective ,I have always wondering what it would be like to literally be above everyone else. If you want a short friend feel free to add.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    That's not freakishly tall. However, I'm a "measly" 6'4", which I feel is the sweet spot and wouldn't change it for anything.

HW: 296#
    LW: 240.6#
    CW: hovering in the low 250s

*ETA: spelling
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm 6'1"... which is freakishly tall for a girl, in my opinion. I have literally gotten stares from little old ladies in grocery stores, and conversations with new people start with "you're tall!" on a regular basis... I don't recommend being a 6'1" female, it's no fun. Haha

I know a few girls this height and taller, and it is what you make it is what I will say to you. For a start you can wear you weight easier. I may not be tall but I walk down the street and get other things said at me. Tall is beautiful sweetie. :flowerforyou:

As for the OP BMI doesn't take in bone density or muscle mass. Read the article about sexypants...go to the website IIFYM.com and calculate your intake. But really it comes down to what is best for you.
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Such a different perspective ,I have always wondering what it would be like to literally be above everyone else.

The good: My wife can always easily find me in a crowd. I use 100% of my kitchen shelves--even the top ones. Easier to look intimidating in threatening situations, even though the reality is that I would totally get my *kitten* kicked in about one second.

The bad: Have to stand in the back row of every group photo. Tough to find clothes (especially at thrift stores). The world is made for regular-sized people (except for airline seats--they're made for small children.), so "Push" handles on doors are too low to get leverage and I have to bend over to use kitchen counters, wash the dishes, etc. I really have to pay attention to keeping my nose hairs trimmed.
  • a941guy
    a941guy Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm with Jupe on the clothes issue. XLT shirts are hard to come by except at specialty shops. and forget about anything long-sleeved. Sleeves are always ALWAYS too short
  • lynettemcrae
    lynettemcrae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I'm not freakishly anything.. but I think your height is way cool.. :smile:
  • hooah13m
    hooah13m Posts: 29
    Options
    Well I think I'm tall! but you kinda have me beat...by a lot =_=
    I say you should ignore BMI and instead just go by measurements and get your BF% that way :) (well thats if you were looking for those kind of suggestions haha)
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm with Jupe on the clothes issue. XLT shirts are hard to come by except at specialty shops. and forget about anything long-sleeved. Sleeves are always ALWAYS too short

Totally understand your pain. The hubby is 6'7" with a 39" inseam and a Boeing 737 wingspan. It's nearly impossible to find clothes to fit him. I've found a few nice things online but cannot stand most of the tall men's clothing websites. They all have the same plaid patterns with the same unflattering cut. Not every tall guy wears Carharts all the time. I used to sew his pants - there are some nice patterns and fabrics. Now we just special order Levi's jeans. They seem to fit him ok.
  • wonkosane
    wonkosane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'7". I have my work clothes made by these guys: http://www.blacklapel.com/

They are made well, last long enough to be worth the price, and they actually.... fit.

Moderntailor.com does a decent job for shirts as well.
  • emjohnston2014
    Options
    I'm just in for the tall men! I'm 5'9" and can't wear heels on dates. :sad:

I feel yea....im 6'0 and my significant other is 5'6
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That's not freaky! I call that sexy :)

I am not attracted to men under six feet

5 3" here :) freakishly short or cute?

I think it's cute. I am 6'0" and my gf is 5'0" and I adore her :love:
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well when you decide you want some short friends, you can add me!! I'm a whopping 5'3 :/
    Seriously though, good luck on reaching your goals! You came to the right place. The support here is amazing!!