Any 5'4" 150-160 pound ladies wanting to lose 20-30 pounds?

Options
Saw the other thread and figured there has to be a lot of ladies in this size range too looking to lose as well :)

I have gone up and down in weight for the longest time. At my healthiest I was 130 and in the best shape of my life. Then things in life happened and it all kind of spriraled from there and am now at 160 and sick of it! I want the old me back. :)

I am currently doing carb cycling and getting back into my fitness regime, although the occasional slip up sends me right back to where I don't want to be. Do any of you have a tough time staying motivated? If so, let's help each other!

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This is me!

Ideally, I'd like to lose maximum of 20lb, so I don't think I'm actually asking the world here! Am currently 153lb, I have been under 130 through illness and it wasn't a look that suited me, so would look to staying in the low-mid 130s

Have just restarted running today. That's my problem. I do a lot of restarting things and then can't see them through :-( but am happy to see how the running pans out, I've picked a different programme to follow rather than rehashing the same old, same old!
  • katey1240
    katey1240 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! Sounds like a post I actually authored myself! Spot-on! Over the last 1-1/2 years my life spiraled out of control (but in the very best way!). I met the man of my dreams (only took me 50 years), and it's been one wonderful day after another. Before I knew it...POOF! Up 10 pounds (maybe even 12 if it's been a bad day). For some reason, I can't seem to "capture" the power that I once possessed with diet/exercise. I could certainly use the encouragement! Kathy
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've never really been a runner, I used to thrive on heavy lifting though. 30-40 lbs was cake for me, but just recently lifted a 15 lb weight and really struggled.. that's when I decided to really buckle down and work on getting back to where I was.

20 pounds I think is a good goal. My goal is 30 but I wouldn't shun 20 at all! :)
  • Saraishungry
    Options
    This is pretty much exactly me! I'm 5'3 and currently at 169. I'd like to get to 140. It's slow going, but I feel like I finally have my metabolism running efficiently. I'm surprised at this point by how little I need to eat to really feel satisfied if I listen to my body. This morning I was at my lowest in about 3 years, and I'm so excited!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am a little over 5'4 and need to drop from 160 to about 135. That puts me right in your range! Do you have a plan? I have been here for a while now after gaining 10# back over the winter.
  • crys39
    crys39 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yup. My height and weight range exactly. I don't have a problem staying motivated... I know it's gonna take a little while to get to my goal weight but in the mean time I'm enjoying eating healthier and working out. Add me!
  • nikki_coulson
    Options
    I'm 5ft3 154 pounds as recently put nearly a stone back on. i want to get down to 126
  • jlbagrowski
    jlbagrowski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" but I am now at the heaviest I've ever been, 148. I would like to get down to 120-122 (about 26 lbs). I eat healthy foods but I think I have a portion control problem so, the plan is to weight everything out and use MFP religiously!

As far as exercise goes, I do a cardio (mostly interval training) and weights. Would love to work towards our goals together!
  • krzykt75
    krzykt75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3.25" (almost there!) and started around 162lbs. I'm down to 140 and think I would like to try losing another 10. It has been very slow - it has taken me almost 7 months to get down 22lbs. I'm very happy with how I look however, I know I could firm up and lose a bit more fat. I walk a lot and do circuit training classes 3-4 times per week and have just started the Couch to 5K (again).
  • Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, Im 5'5, with a medium build, and about 150 lbs. Besides being pregnant Im at the heaviest Ive ever been. I was very athletic in high school, too skinny in college, normal weight during my baby making years (my son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is 1), and now on the verge of being overweight. Ive been prepping meals consisting of 1/2 cup lean protein, 1 cup veggies, and 1/2 cup healthy carbs. And for breakfast I usually eat eggs or oatmeal with fruit on my workout days, which is 4-5 times a week. I also laid off the wine. I was doing right for the last few weeks,except I realized that having a few glasses Saturday night was adding a few hundred empty calories..... Right now my body fat is around 24-25%, I would like it down to 18-20%. I dont care what the scale says, I just want the fat gone, and to be girly muscular
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am almost done with this same goal! I started out at 167 pounds at 5'4" and wanted to get down to 140 pounds. That took about 4 months, I kept going after that and am now nearing 125 pounds with a new goal of 120 :).
  • marmatune
    marmatune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a little under 5'3" and at 159 now, my heaviest was 171 back in November 2013. I am aiming to get down to 130 eventually though would be happy to get to 150 by the end of August...
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5'' and 170lbs. Just had my baby 6 weeks ago and I'm looking at losing at least 40lbs to get back to where I was. And even 50lbs to be where I was headed and always wanted to be. I'm doing a combination of walking and working out (at home with no equipment) everyday, and running every other day. I used to workout a lot before I had my baby. I'm practicing self acceptance for now, but I don't feel like myself being this heavy.

Ps. I just found the PumpUp app, which is a great way I find to get back into it. :)
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Wow! I love all of these responses! It's so nice to see other people that are in the same boat, and want the same results! :D
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yes, what a lot of great responses!
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    I don't really have a "plan" per-say, but I have been doing this carb cycling for a few days now and so far it's really worked for me! I'm not totally depriving myself, and I'm eating healthier than I have in months! It's a long way to go but I'm ready to fit in my jeans again :D One little slip up last night, note to self, I really have to stop watching Diners, Drive-in's and Dives when I haven't eaten carbs all day haha
  • miimaou
    miimaou Posts: 7
    Options
    I am tryin to lose 20-25 its right now. I definitely had a lot of issues a lot of mine started with stress at a young age and continued.. medication for sleeping, then seizures all brought my weight up from very slim 110 to 150. I am at 129, and hoping to make friends on here and watch everyone make their goals come true <3.
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    Well, Im 5'5, with a medium build, and about 150 lbs. Besides being pregnant Im at the heaviest Ive ever been. I was very athletic in high school, too skinny in college, normal weight during my baby making years (my son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is 1), and now on the verge of being overweight. Ive been prepping meals consisting of 1/2 cup lean protein, 1 cup veggies, and 1/2 cup healthy carbs. And for breakfast I usually eat eggs or oatmeal with fruit on my workout days, which is 4-5 times a week. I also laid off the wine. I was doing right for the last few weeks,except I realized that having a few glasses Saturday night was adding a few hundred empty calories..... Right now my body fat is around 24-25%, I would like it down to 18-20%. I dont care what the scale says, I just want the fat gone, and to be girly muscular

I love that quote! "girly muscular" :D
    I used to be so toned and fit but man, the last few years have not been my friend. I've gone from a size 4-6 to about a 10 in most clothing. Which isn't bad, but I have SO many clothes that I am dying to wear again!
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    This is pretty much exactly me! I'm 5'3 and currently at 169. I'd like to get to 140. It's slow going, but I feel like I finally have my metabolism running efficiently. I'm surprised at this point by how little I need to eat to really feel satisfied if I listen to my body. This morning I was at my lowest in about 3 years, and I'm so excited!

Awesome Sarah!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Ugh. ME. I'm 5'3" though.

I was within 12 lbs of my goal weigh (120-ish) at the beginning of the year, then I decided to come off BC, and I gained about 10-15 pounds back. Then I discovered I had a whole new slew of health issues, and the doctor put be back on BC and other medications (hello, to another 10 lbs).

and because I feel so poorly half the time, and like a small house the other half of the time, I have absolutely ZERO motivation to do anything about it. I try to eat healthy (for the most part) and count my calories, as well as keep an eye on my macros, but it's just so difficult right now.