This is new.. fitness centres for £15 a month (UK), no con

Options
Well probably US too, but my son just joined one of these, I have not seen them before. Usually over here you pay about £40-£80 a month + 1 year contract for private gyms. With these new setups you pay by month as you go along (no contracts), join online, get a PIN number to get into the place - they have no reception or gym staff, are open 24/7 & have huge rooms full of state of the art equipment, monitored with CCTV (& alarm buttons just in case!). Gotta be worth a try if you don't have a fortune to shell out on gym club memebership!

http://www.kissgyms.com/news.html

Replies

• Jansapphire
    Options
    Love this idea ;) I hope this catches on here in the Peg :)
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    What a great ideal, will keep a look out for the London opening :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    We have something similar here in the states where you can pan $10/month (no contract). There is a gym staff to help you if needed. The drawbacks are that there are no group fitness classes and there are a limited amount of each kind of machine (plenty of treadmills and elipticals, but limited strength training machines).
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Also, they are not 24 hours. Only open till 8pm most nights and only 1-6 on Sat and 1-4 on Sunday. :(
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    try searching for Pure Gym too (for people in the UK)
    it's the same idea and the prices range from £9.99 to £16.99 a month with no contract.
    there's also staff on hand during the day (it's open 24 hours too) if you want personal training or a guided tour when u start.
    i'm a member of another gym at the moment but looking into leaving that one and moving to the new pure gym that's opening near me because it's closer!
  • dilemmadale86
    Options
    I'm a member of a similar gym up in Edinburgh, Pure Gyms: www.puregym.co.uk They're gradually opening up more and more across the country, and if you sign up before one opens you can get it for as little as £10 a month!

As well as being so cheap, I love that it's open 24 hours, as I work strange hours sometimes and I can go whenever I want. It's also great cos I can go when it's a bit quieter - I'm still a bit shy exercising around other (skinnier!) people!

There's no swimming pool, which is a bit of a shame, but the low fees are worth it I think, and they've got loads of classes every day which is awesome. Your pin logs you onto a 'member area' on the website as well as getting you into the gym, and you can sign up for the classes and everything online.

Anyway, that's enough raving about them - I'm quite a fan! Haha. If anyone else happens to use the Edinburgh Pure, PLEASE let me know! I'm looking for an exercise buddy for added motivation in going to the gym/succeeding in the work-outs and maybe even braving a class or too.

Emxx