Low Calorie Chocolate ideas?

Options
I have started to really carve chocolate and carbs - so after lunch today (SALAD!) I had a slice of 50./50 bread with nutella - but that comes in at 200 calories!

Anyone got any good alternatives that they use?

Hx

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Do you mean crave? Or carve? Like you're "carving" chocolate from you everyday diet? (as in do away with)

Use PB2 chocolate flavored instead of Nutella? Oh NO! 200 calories! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!!?!?
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk kills a chocolate craving for me. 100 calories for 8oz. I can sip on it for a while a enjoy it. Plus it come with 45% of my daily calcium, which is something I always have too little of. Or you could put a bit of Nutella on some fruit rather than bread. Strawberries are good and low calorie.
  • Sigmalongshot
    Options
    Hi there Hannah!
    Some supermarkets such as Asda do individual pick n' mix cadbury mini-bars and mini-bags (including Mini Crunchie and Mini Caramel), and they're all under 80 calories.

My favourite trick is to get one of their 75-calorie bags of Buttons, and mix them with a snack-pack box of raisins. The most amazing thing is that when eaten together, they really taste amazing and you get a really satisfying, sugary chocolate hit and it feels like you've had a big bag of Buttons, but it amounts to about 120 calories (the same as a Cadbury Chomp).

That is also great if you're a bit of a grazer and you want something a little more tempting than a punnet of brambles/raspberries!
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Add unsweetened cocoa and stevia to things to make them chocolatey (e.g. chocolate porridge... yum)
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter and mini morsels mixed together help with my craving.
    I also take choc whey protein, ice, unsweetened almond milk, sugar free/fat free pudding mix and blend for a shake.
    Finally - I make brownies with pumpkin puree. No eggs, oil, etc, Just the brownie mix and a can of pumpkin.
    I have also been known to take diet coke (12oz) and a choc cake mix - makes moist cupcakes.

I also use unsweetened cocoa, stevia, and greek yogurt to make a pudding - will add a little fat free cool whip for extra taste.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Add unsweetened cocoa and stevia to things to make them chocolatey (e.g. chocolate porridge... yum)

This.

Or just a square or two of chocolate.

You can make a fantastic 'milkshake' with jello sugar free chocolate instant pudding, unsweetened cocoa powder, some milk, riccota or cottage cheese to make it thicker, and some stevia... pretty low cal too.
  • onlyhannahcox
    Options
    Thanks guys - super super helpful!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options

Or just a square or two of chocolate.

This. :)
    For me it's all about quality over quantity. I regularly have 2 or 3 Lindt Lindors a night, all accounted for in my log. :)
    Having a little each night, and knowing I'm having it, seems to keep the chocolate monster at bay. (Unless I'm poorly or something and it all goes out the window lol. Well we can't expect to be perfect, good enough'll do me.)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I have some Mexican cocoa (with cinnamon and a hint of chipotle) that I like to add to my oatmeal sometimes for a really creamy chocolatey treat. I'm sure it would work with any unsweetened or sugar-free cocoa mix.

ETA: Also, sugar free jello instant mixed with almond milk (use half the amount that the directions call for, it doesn't set the same as regular milk) and Cool Whip free. It's about 555 calories for the entire batch, and it makes a pretty large amount. You could easily divide it into 8 or even 10 satisfying servings...or, like me, 4 giant servings.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    40 calorie hot chocolate?

I also add cocoa powder to porridge, greek yoghurt...

But 200 calories for a snack of Nutella on bread doesn't sound very frightening to me. That is also a bag of Maltesers though and I'd probably rather have them... :tongue:
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A small bowl of porridge oats, some almond milk and adding an Options hot choc sachet (I love the white chocolate ones) can come in under 200 calories and is very satisfying plus relatively nutritious :love:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Buy some powdered chocolate in the baking aisle and you will think of lots of things to add it to -- like a plain banana in a bowl --- sprinkle some cocoa powder.
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hershey kisses, 25 cals each, if you let them melt in your mouth you only need 1 or 2 !
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A Cadbury's Freddo works for me, 95 cals.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cadburys Flake (multipack size) is 135cals and my 'go to' or a Daim Bar which is 150cals.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    low calorie hot chocolates
    funsize/treatsize chocolate bars
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Two squares of Dove dark chocolates, eaten in nibbles and savored. That's what works for me. And I like the little inspirational messages in the wrappers.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a bag of dark chocolate Hershey kisses around. I will eat one if I get a craving (20 calories). If it doesn't take it away I'll let myself have one or two more. That's it. A craving for chocolate usually isn't hunger for me, so bread with nutella sounds like way too much food!
  • katieC1983
    katieC1983 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just had a cadbury flake from a multipack for 135kcals! yummers! :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Um, 200 calories really isn't that much. Unless you're trying to subsist on 1200 calories? Yeah, I'd crave chocolate, too. And death. Mostly death.