Multi-Vitamin

Options
Does anyone know a good multi vitamin? I am 38 yrs old. Maybe a vitamin with energy as a bonus?

Replies

• fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My OB recommended Flintstones vitamins while I was pregnant. I still take them.
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I take centrum but I heard it's the worst one lol
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I use flinstones brand with iron, but recently switched to centrum for adults, because of a very good sale. I also take a b complex supplement my doctor recommended.

I would be wary of off brands or herbal supplements, and stick with well known well researched brands.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Silver Plus 50 for Women. Extra B vitamins, Iron, Calcium iodine and D all help with energy. I feel it really did make a difference with my energy levels and I only have to take one vitamin to get it all. Well, except I do take a flax seed oil pill as well. I cannot recommend it enough. I love that fullersun takes Flinstones. If they gave me everything Centrum did, I'd take them too. LOL
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    And no I am not 50. I just read the label and found that it had everything I needed.
  • ItaliaNovella
    ItaliaNovella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No flinstones! There are reasons why they target kids... I don't even give them to my kids. It really depends on your personal nutritional needs, but personally I use the FitnessPro woman's multi vitamin. Only need one a day:)
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports tested a bunch of multivitamins and basically said they were all the same, so to shop for price. The cheapest are the Costco brand (Kirkland Signature Daily Multi) so that's what I take.

Consumer Report's article did specifically mention Whole Source Mature Adult (Rite Aid) and One Daily (The Vitamin Shoppe) as BAD options since they didn't dissolve well. If a vitamin doesn't dissolve, it's no use to you! Just something to avoid.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    love consumer reports! i buy my laundry soap based on their list.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Rainbow Light and New Chapter are both great brands.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I take this one which seems to have a lot of good stuff in it: Alive!Women's Multivitamin & Mineral

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/nature-way-alive-women-multivitamin-mineral-90-tablets/nw-2497#.U8Uj10vjg88
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum adult chewables. I also take sublingual B-12 for energy.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports tested a bunch of multivitamins and basically said they were all the same, so to shop for price. The cheapest are the Costco brand (Kirkland Signature Daily Multi) so that's what I take.

Consumer Report's article did specifically mention Whole Source Mature Adult (Rite Aid) and One Daily (The Vitamin Shoppe) as BAD options since they didn't dissolve well. If a vitamin doesn't dissolve, it's no use to you! Just something to avoid.
    I believe Walgreens woman multivitamin did well, which is what I take (no costco membership).
  • tinaramsey1975
    tinaramsey1975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Why no Flintstones?
  • tinaramsey1975
    tinaramsey1975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so many mixed replies......