I just want to punch him!!!

CuteMommy88
CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I want to punch my BF in the face LOL!!! He comes in this morning and says "all your healthy cooking is making me lose weight" :mad: Me: "So you are saying you eat one healthy meal a day and lose weight without working out at all and I watch every single calorie that goes in my mouth and workout every morning (80 mins every morning for the last couple of weeks) and you lose weight and I dont!!! :angry: WTF:grumble: It is so unfair!!! He weighs 151 lbs!!! I am sitting at 162 for the past two weeks!!! I just want to strangle him right now LOL !!! Anyone else feel like the fat one in your relationship?:sad:

Replies

• Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    I am right there with you! I too watch every bite I put in my mouth and work out. My husband says, "Hmm, maybe I should lose some weight." And the pounds start falling off of him. He lost 40 lbs last year, doing nothing but switching from cokes to diet green tea. Not watching what he ate, no exercise, just green tea! Proud of him and want to kill him at the same time.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    They do say that men lose weight easier than women. It's an unfair situation that's for sure.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Not so much about the food ( my boyfriend is supportive of me...but....kinda sticking to his own diet...which whatever, i cant force him to change) but i feel like this about exercising, i asked him if he wanted to come to the gym with me a few days out of the week, he says sure....we start running....and he's not even out of breath at the end and im half curled up ready to go to er asthma attacking over here and he says..." im not even tired....looks like you are"...haha WTF....I hear you on that one girl!!!
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Oh yeah...my husband eats nothing but junk food. Seriously...chips, snack cakes, fruit snacks, candy...you name it. The only time he eats anything that is actually good for him is when I fix dinner. And he is at 161. Sometimes I get really frustrated, but it's really not his fault. He can't help it that his metabolism is higher than mine, and men typically burn more calories than women too. I think it is a miscarriage of justice. We have to go through periods, childbirth AND have a slower metabolism! Hang in there...when you reach your goal you will be one hot mama!
  • My husband is the same way and I have come to accept that fact. Most men can lose it more quickly than women. My husband loses it quickly when he starts paying attention to what he is eating. It makes me mad when he says, I lost 6 lbs in 2 days. Really? No fair! LOL
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Not so much about the food ( my boyfriend is supportive of me...but....kinda sticking to his own diet...which whatever, i cant force him to change) but i feel like this about exercising, i asked him if he wanted to come to the gym with me a few days out of the week, he says sure....we start running....and he's not even out of breath at the end and im half curled up ready to go to er asthma attacking over here and he says..." im not even tired....looks like you are"...haha WTF....I hear you on that one girl!!!
    Oh yes! My husband and I work out for an hour and he burns like 1000 calories and I burn like 300, and then he is like oh I can eat cake...
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 320 Member
    I'm right there, too.....I watch every stinkin' calorie, work out every day, choke down 96 oz. of water/day, and I'm actually GAINING weight! My family can look at a salad or a work-out DVD and lose weight! Totally unfair! :sad:
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Same here my bf eats huge amounts and big plates full of food he has a huge appetite and his athletic build always seems so perfectly sculpted yet he hardly does a thing though he was athletic in his younger days he often refers to me as pigeon because i have such small portions sooooo not fair !!! He's always telling me theres nothing wrong with me i just have a bit of meat on my bones which is good thing is he doesnt have to carry this 'meat' around everyday
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Oh I thought it was just me! My husband eats like crap at all times of the day and night , devours coke and doesn't really gain. He does not lose unless I am home and making all three meals in which case he loses 5 or 10 here and there. It sucks! What is worse is he acts like the 45 time I take to get a work out in is inconveniencing him! I know it is just that his knees are so terrible and he needs surgery on them so working out is not an option for him right now but I already did the surgery thing. So just sit there and let me make your meals and keep on losing while I account for and burn every calorie for a few pound here and there!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Men lose differently and gain differently.

They also don't have that wonderful 2nd layer of fat to deal with.

They also don't have hips or breasts. lol.

My husband is 151. I'm.....not LOL.

I don't feel like the fat one though...just like a woman.
  • It's a woman's curse. Men lose weight faster than us because they burn more calories while just doing nothing (higher basal metabolic rates), and they are also more active than us on average. Estrogen is a wonderful little hormone, but it does make it harder to lose weight because our bodies naturally want to keep fat in case of pregnancy. Our only advantage over the guys is that we are usually more meticulous about what we eat, while they will eat just about anything (and usually lose weight while doing it). However, it's so worth it to get healthy. Our metabolisms will increase, our body fat will decrease, and overall I think we are much more satisfied in weight loss than our male counterparts. ;) So, don't let his easy weight loss discourage you! You still rock.

I have a guy friend who can eat everything he wants and any quantity he wants and he won't gain any weight. He's just over 130 lbs., and he's TRYING to gain weight and can't do it. Yes, it sucks knowing that people like him exist when I can eat I single grain of sugar and gain 10 lbs, but everyone on Earth is different. I know that there are a lot of people like me, and I have even found some here on MFP since I joined just 2 days ago. :) Don't give up. Don't let him get to you. Just keep on doing what's best for you, and you will reach your goals before you know it. :):):)
  • Tdunn9146
    Tdunn9146 Posts: 3 Member
    ahhhh... don't get discouraged. Men ALWAYS lose weight easier than women. My hubby cycles every other day and is practically back to his wedding day weight, he sucks :) Women after babies especially have a real hard time with weight lose and factor in age and it is a no win. But we can do it!!! keep up the good work with exercise and healthy eating and you will get there, then you can rub it in his face lol! good luck and keep me posted.
    teresa
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    I out-weight my husband by 30 lbs. Years ago, he weighed over 500 lbs (before we met). He managed to lose almost 200 lbs on his own, and got down to 350, and was stuck there for over 3 years. 2 years after we got married, we decided that since he couldn't lose any more weight on his own, he was going to have the Gastric Bypass Rouen-Y procedure. He is now down to a svelte 195, and has never been happier.

When we started dating, he weighed 350 and I weighed 150. My weight steadily climbed until I was a whopping 275! He had the procedure done, and I didn't, so for the past 2 and a half years, I have been "the fat one." So yes, I know the feeling of wanting to punch him in the face. His love of rich fatty foods and his refusal to eat low fat anything helped me get into MY situation!!! So now, I have the difficult task of getting off that extra 125 lbs. I lost ten before starting MFP, but this place has SO helped me on my journey!

Just the other day, he looked at me and said, "I better look out... you're gonna catch me pretty soon!" I replied, "Catch you, HELL! I'm gonna BEAT you by 50 lbs!" I'm looking forward to the day when I am no longer heavier than my hubby, and even more so to reaching my goal weight of 145.

Thank you MFP!
  • hey to one of my fav cute mommy's that i almost never have time to say hi to...anyhow, you guys totally make me think of that commercial for slim quick or whatev...lol, she's struggling, striving to lose weight and the man loses it all...

good luck, gorgeous! someday...maybe you're packin' on some muscle...that's usually what happens to me when i'm playing the waiting game with my weight numbers...down that water and check only at your weigh-ins...try not to down that water before the weigh-in though : )
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Yeah! I have the same problem! I weigh just a little under 155 right now and he weighs 151 @ 6'7! I am a whole foot shorter than him!!! It makes me so mad that he can eat whatever he wants and he never gains. He even goes on gain weight diets and nothing ever happens! Its hard for me to talk to him about it because it just makes me so mad! lol
  • johaleesi
    johaleesi Posts: 55 Member
    *Raises hand WAYYY high* My husband is slim and athletic. I'm the fat one in the relationship and it sucks big time. My self esteem is so low I'm always worrying that he'll leave me for a skinnier girl.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Thanks ladies for all the support!!! I am so glad I am not the only one!! It is so hard especially when I cook something healthy and he criticizes it and says he just wants real food. Some of our biggest arguments are over Mc Donalds LOL ---He loves McDonalds (sometimes i think more than me) I am absolutely repulsed by it!! The smell makes me want to vomit and the taste just makes me sick----i can just feel myself getting fat being in the drive thru LOL!!!

My BF is also one who tries to gain weight. I actually wish he would!! I know he would look a lot better and maybe i wouldnt look so gross next to him in photos LOL!!! I guess we just have to work and suffer more!!--the story of a womans life!! Not only 40 weeks of being miserable during pregnancy and 12 hours of excruciating pain during labor but we get covered in stretch marks and we start dieting and THEY lose weight!!! Man its rough!!!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    I totally feel like the fat one. My mister also gorges himself on junk food and giant plates of food. He literally does no exercise at all - always sitting at the computer and has a desk job at work but he remains slim and just a perfect build.
    I'm glad you started this post actually cos I find myself feeling really repulsed at how I look next to him.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    So they say that you usually gain like 20 lbs or so within the first few years of marriage. We've been married 2 1/2 years and I've actually lost close to 20 (14 lbs the past year) and my husband did gain (but he needed to. He's wheelchair bound from spina bifida and weighed like 90 lbs. He's now closer to 100). But he didn't gain due to eating crappy food, he gained because he was actually eating regularly. We hardly ever eat out anymore. I had McDonald's fries the other day and wondered why I used to love them. They really aren't special. Although I do love their hashbrowns.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    I think it is a miscarriage of justice. We have to go through periods, childbirth AND have a slower metabolism!

Amen!!!
This discussion has been closed.