50 lbs to lose...

Options
Looking for others who have similar goals or who have lost a good deal of weight and can give tips, food ideas, exercise ideas, encouragement, etc. I have 50 lbs to lose :frown: I want to feel healthy again :happy:

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Being here is a great start! I have lost 106 lbs and I have 25 to go to reach my goal. It has been a 2 year journey of ups and downs but it has totally been worth it for me, my wife and 3 boys. I'd love to encourage and motivate you and we can reach our goals together. Feel free to add me!
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost 15 lbs. I still have 50 more to lose. It really helps me to check in here with my MFP friends. It holds me accountable. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd be glad to cheer you on!!
  • DesiraeVosk
    DesiraeVosk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well for me I have like 93 lbs to lose if I want to be back where I was before I started my medication and lost control of myself.... But what I've been doing is treadmill an hour a day. I've lost like 8 lbs so far and I started july 1st. I eat less than a normally do but still enough to be healthy. What I've been doing is taking vitamins (one a day. fish oil and sometimes a sam-e) I also take my medication....

I cut out carbs like wheat/flour/bread... I don't eat anything with too much sugar or protein... Just a little protein and lots of fruits and vegetables keeps you healthy. Using the food diary on myfitnesspal is really helpful! I weigh 229.8 I was 238 and what I eat is less than my calorie goal... Not just because I want to lose weight but because when I eat too much I get a headache. sometimes when I used to eat a lot it was just because the food tasted good and I was binge eating but If you feel satisified at whatever you are eating I feel like that is a good amount to eat. (as long as its nto drastically low or high for calorie limit)

I eat at 9:30am,2pm & 6:30pm
    Sometimes I have 2 poached eggs for breakfast,a slice of American cheese on top and a slice of turkey... That's like 225 calories
    Or half a cup of raisin bran cereal and a 60 calorie activia light yogurt mixed with it in a bowl. I eat with a small spoon and chew slowly (or take a longer time to eat so u feel fuller faster) that's like 185 calories... you can eat a few slices of turkey with it to make it around 225 calories so u r eating around the same amount each day... the turkey slices I eat is 15 calories so 2.6 slices...

at 2pm I eat an activia (60 calories) and a mini box of raisins (90 calories) also make sure u drink 8 cups of water a day. drinking water will suppress your appetite and is important to keep you hydrated.
    so you are up to 375 calories...

for dinner you can eat a big salad... salad is low in calories like 20 calories for 6 leaves so maybe have that with some carrots or cucumbers... I know you might think uggh salad gross... but once you add dressing it tastes really good and you wouldn't even notice the difference... Dressing is FATNING!! Some are like 60 calories for 2 tblrspoons... Look for the one that is 15 calories or 30 calories that way you can save your calories for food like more carrots so you feel more full... I use Italian light. I think the one at the dollar store my mom buys is 15 calories... because when we were at walmart I could only find the one that was 30 calories for 2 tble spoons so idk. If you find it elsewhere then wonderful!! Also if you take a coupon from like publix or winn Dixie that says buy one get one free and then you go to Walmart , they wil let youl use that discount and get the other one free.... Idk what its called but they do that...

Now, deserts.;.. like I told you no flour! That means no cupcakes, cake, brownies, cookies, muffins, etc.

But what I do is fruit. Fruit is really sweet and has natural sugars... so whenever I want to binge or have something sweet, I go to the blender and put in 2 bananas, like 6 ice cubes and water and make a delicious smoothie. You can also add peaches, mango, nectarines, strawberries, whatever. It makes a delicious shake... But I usually share with my sister or family because 2 banana smoothies are a lot for me.. but idk about you. If you still feel hungry which at this point you shouldn't, but you do, then have a little more smoothie...

And if you ever feel your meal isn't enough, add vegetables!! broccoli, pepprs,etc.... .And try to use the no salt seasoning... Or crushed red peppers which I personally love because it has no sodium or calories...

I hope this helped you. Good luck on your weight loss!!
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out anything you won't ever eat again. Remember this is a lifestyle change, not short term fix. Make realistic changes. Focus on portion control, weigh your foods, measure, get a food scale if you don't have one yet, that is a must have.

You can eat whatever you want, just have to be smart about it, planning is key. Plan for those little treats every once in awhile and you will be successful. :)
  • shellypaints
    shellypaints Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting and have broken my 100 lb goal into 2 50 lb goals. I had some health issues that caused weight gain but since getting that fixed I am hopeful that by using the tools here and support that I will finally succeed in losing weight.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't cut out anything you won't ever eat again. Remember this is a lifestyle change, not short term fix. Make realistic changes. Focus on portion control, weigh your foods, measure, get a food scale if you don't have one yet, that is a must have.

You can eat whatever you want, just have to be smart about it, planning is key. Plan for those little treats every once in awhile and you will be successful. :)

This^
  • Isabel_129
    Options
    I want to lose 40 lbs and am just at the beginning of my diet.
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Looking for others who have similar goals or who have lost a good deal of weight and can give tips, food ideas, exercise ideas, encouragement, etc. I have 50 lbs to lose :frown: I want to feel healthy again :happy:

I'm in the same boat. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and my endeavor just began. I'd love to be part of your support group. ^_^.
  • rugbymum2013
    rugbymum2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5lb so far and have 42 to go - I might want to lose a few more on top but I can't even remember what 10 stone feels like so no idea what shape/size I'll be. Please feel free to add me. I tend to start off well but lose motivation after a couple of weeks so a few friends to chat to and to help me stay on track would be great.
  • alittledove
    Options
    My goal is about 50-60lbs to lose. I gave myself a range rather than a number because at the end of the day, it's going to be about how I FEEL. I'd love to have some friends with the same goals and mind set so we can all keep each other on track! ♥

Good luck in your journey! :)
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 50 range too. Good luck, feel free to add me :)
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm about 8 lbs in to my 50ish pound goal. I have a long road ahead of me. Add me if you wish. :smile:

Anyone else can as well. :drinker:
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Some good tips here already.
    If I could add one thing it would be...
    Don't quit,
    Do the best you can everyday, some days you'll rock and some days not so much.
    Good luck to you
  • mroo2014
    mroo2014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Let's hear it for the 50lbs goal!! Feel free to add me ????
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have 64 lb to lose and will try to give encourage and help if I can! I'm 190 and 5'2! Let's succeed in our journeys to being healthy!
  • kellyirene77
    kellyirene77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose about 50 lbs. You can add me if you like
  • kastlekon2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone...
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Add me. Almost down 50 and 50 more to go
  • Leah_62803