I need Significant Help. Trying to lose 50 Pounds

Options
Hello everybody.

My name is Jakub, and I used to be 316 Pounds.

I took a stand two years ago and lost 46 Pounds, but I am still significantly overweight, and I am frustrated.

I got down to 260 Pounds, but gained 10 pounds over the past 6 months. I simply Can't lose anymore weight, I am getting 30+ min of exercise, and I eat fairly healthy (3k calories), I drink only water. I don't know what to do anymore.

My wedding is in 9 months, and I need to lose 50 Pounds in that time, I have the confidence of doing it.

One thing I have NEVER done is use weight loss pills. And I refuse to use them. That being said,

My close friend who lost a ton of weight said I should get Acai Berry supplements, which is also good for acid reflux (which I have), and it could significantly help me lose weight.

Please I need help, supplements, ideas, anything.

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    3000 calories could be too high now that you've lost some weight. Are you following MFP's calorie recommendations? It might be time to reevaluate your intake.

You could also go here to check your intake: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    3000 calories could be too high now that you've lost some weight. Are you following MFP's calorie recommendations? It might be time to reevaluate your intake.

You could also go here to check your intake: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Yes to this! Have you set up your MFP to calculate your calorie goals? Are you weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat? If you aren't measuring, you are probably eating more calories than you think due to portion sizes.

You could also try increasing your exercise or try a more challenging workout. Are you weigh lifting? Using body weight exercises? Jogging? A mix of cardio and lifting seems to give the best results.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing? It might be time to change it up or raise the intensity, as your body may have become accustomed to it.
  • lornabfitness
    Options
    You might want to switch up your exercise and try switching up your ratio of protein/carbs.
  • yondaimeee
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, The Draft tells me that I should take around 2500/3000 Calories, which is my range currently.

I have also tries exercising more, but my body seems to just not want to budge.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    you CAN lose weight. eat 500 calories less per day to lose a pound a week. 3000 calories per day is a bit too high if you're gaining at all or want to lose. my husband, who's 6' 7" and way into bicycling, eats about 2900, and he does 3 hours of walking per week plus a few hours of intense cycling.

supplements don't actually work, btw - eating less calories does.