* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
* 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans

Directions

1. Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili. Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.
2. About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot, and continue cooking.
3. Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker. Simmer until ready to serve.

(You REALLY don't have to do this overnight cooking! BUT LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT! I'm going to cook mines today)

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Ooooo!!! *BUMP!*
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    This does sound yummy!!! I just put it in my recipe box on allrecipes. I love that site!!! Thanks for this post!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Just a suggestion... I have another soup recipe that calls for salsa, and the one I've found with the lowest amount of sodium is Red Gold brand. Salsa and chicken are both high sodium foods, so if you're trying to watch that like I am, be careful. Most chicken found in grocery stores has been injected with high sodium chicken broth to enhance flavor and juiciness. Look for chicken that has not been "enhanced". Also, Pinto beans are naturally sodium-rich, so try to buy an unsalted brand... and same with the mexi-corn. Sorry to bring doom and gloom to what I'm sure is a wonderful tasting recipe.
  • Oooooo....that looks really good! If you want to try another great website, try www.skinnykitchen.com - it's a Weight Watchers friendly website. Their Lasagna Ole is amazing!
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    bump. sounds really yummy!!
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Just a suggestion... I have another soup recipe that calls for salsa, and the one I've found with the lowest amount of sodium is Red Gold brand. Salsa and chicken are both high sodium foods, so if you're trying to watch that like I am, be careful. Most chicken found in grocery stores has been injected with high sodium chicken broth to enhance flavor and juiciness. Look for chicken that has not been "enhanced". Also, Pinto beans are naturally sodium-rich, so try to buy an unsalted brand... and same with the mexi-corn. Sorry to bring doom and gloom to what I'm sure is a wonderful tasting recipe.

I buy free range or organic chicken - very low in sodium. Also organic salsa is very low too. Just another suggestion....
This discussion has been closed.