An NSV that nearly got embarrassing.

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
Okay, I finally got signed up with the local gym so that I could start swimming again. In June of 2013, I got into a swimsuit for the first time in more than 50 years. By November, I was loving my water activity and swimming one hour of laps every day.

Unfortunately, I had to stop swimming in November, when my surgeon scheduled for double knee replacement surgery. My recovery has been slow and painful; but I was so determined to finally get back 'in the swim'.

I have 2 swimsuit, the dress over panty kind. The first day, I noticed that my navy blue suit was loose in the top; but I have lost about 60 pounds since last summer; and my breasts have gone down from 46DD to 40C. That would explain the looser fit in the top of my suit.

However...last evening, I put on my purple swim suit; and it was the panties that felt loose. Those panties seemed to fit well enough to hold up around my waist, but the butt was 'quite roomy'. I didn't have anything else to wear; so, off I went to the spa and the pool.

Once I got in the water, things got very interesting. After only 15 minutes of back stroking, I had the strangest sensation that I had 'too much ventilation' in the crotch of my swim pants. I stopped swimming in the shallow end and reached down to find that the crotch of my panties was now stretched to almost to my knees. If I had kept swimming, those panties would have dropped to my ankles in no time at all. :noway:

There were several other folks in the pool, and I did not want to be suddenly exposed. That's when I realized that my swimming was done for the day. :blushing:

When I got home, I showed my husband my now very stretched out swim pants. He joked that he could get in those pants with me. :laugh:

Was the problem the swimsuit material? No. The swimsuit is a size 20W; and I am now a size 12/14 in pants and a size 8 in underpants. Those 60+ pounds that I have lost have showed up as a flatter tummy and a much smaller butt.

It is definitely time for me to buy a couple of new swimsuits. Today, I placed an order for 2 new swimsuits...in a size 14. I'm not sure that I am ready for size 12 in swim panties yet.

So, my NSV is simply...I am no longer "TOO BIG FOR MY BRITCHES". In fact, I am too small for my britches, which is really good news for a lady who used to weigh almost 290 pounds.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That made me giggle, but congratulations! Great NSV!!
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ....So, my NSV is simply...I am no longer "TOO BIG FOR MY BRITCHES". In fact, I am too small for my britches, which is really good news for a lady who used to weigh almost 290 pounds.

Good laugh... Great story.... Fantastic accomplishment for you!!!
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. What a great place to be . . . to small for your britches.
  • horsebeauti
    horsebeauti Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious! Totally envisioned the whole thing. LOL And congratulations on the 60+ lb loss! How awesome!!!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Great story.
    Congratulations
    Great NSV.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    LOL that is awesome!!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Ventilation is the last warning before you recognize a most embarrassing moment has just happened!

Great story! Glad you are back in the pool...

Time for a new suit. Buy a cute one.

(Congratulations.)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    So...

Did he get in the swimsuit with you? :bigsmile:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    What a sweet and funny tale of the almost naked swimmer.
  • this_is_4_me
    Options
    That's awesome...congratulations!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Sue, that had me laughing! Thank you for sharing your slightly embarrassing, but amazing, NSV with us! I hope your new suits are super cute. You've earned the privilege of having some cute swimsuits. Pictures when you get them, if you dare. It would be very inspirational to many on here to see your before swimsuit photos compared to the now swimsuit photos. I imagine it is a very dramatic change!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I"m glad nobody had their goggles and snorkel nearby. Egads. Congratulations. Well done.
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    Too funny. :laugh: What an awesome NSV!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is an awesome NSV.

So funny too that it took that to happen for you to realize such a major change in your body.

Thanks for sharing!
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL! You really made me laugh at this post Sue, because I had the same problem a while back. Congrats on having come to this point in your journey!
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    BEST NSV STORY EVER!!!! I an so glad you kept them on though!
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Quite the visual! Haha!

Congratulations on a wonderful NSV and thank you for sharing!
  • graygirl73
    graygirl73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Gives a whole new meaning to "keep your panties on".
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First I m glad your knees are doing better, second thanks for the laugh that I needed tonight and congratulations on your weight. Loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!